deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: UB Treazzeret Master Control 2.0 - Comments  (Read 455 times)

Comment Bot

UB Treazzeret Master Control 2.0 - Comments
« on: January 29, 2018, 05:44:53 am »
UB Treazzeret Master Control 2.0

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Freeman199

• Decks
Re: UB Treazzeret Master Control 2.0 - Comments
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 05:45:02 am »
Hi!
I think that this is only one working build)
https://deckstats.net/decks/101219/898002-ub-trea-zzeret/en
What do you think?

youaresprung

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 08:50:07 am »
Hey Freeman, that's a very nice listing!

I ended up steering away from the revolt triggers basically because I'm unwilling to cash out on a playlet of Fatal Push -_- I haven't had the chance to play test after adding Contract Killing. Do you reliably end games by turn 6?

bliitzer

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 11:54:20 am »
hey youaresprung

nice deck dude, I like the design around getting alt. wins through treasures and marionette master! Two cards I expected to see though were Tezzeret's Touch for that early power, and Mechanized Production could also be utilised with Revel for another alt win? just a thought, great deck dude!

Freeman199

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 07:42:05 pm »
About T6 kill... it happens but in rare cases( more often on turn 7 or 8))
In my opinion, Tezzeret's Touch, Production and Revel in Riches is wrong cards in this combo. Marionette Master works faster than Production and Riches)
Another card that is really shining is Herald of Anguish)) Very solid threat with pretty removal abilty)))
But))) this combo deck is...fun deck) nothing more. For serious play I recommended UB Control))

LikeButtah

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 12:35:39 am »
I am new to magic so bare with me please...

Would  Marionette Master ability work by sacrificing treasure tokens? I thought tokens didn't technically enter the graveyard and therefore would not proc her ability?

HowlingLotus

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 03:48:10 pm »
@LikeButtah
Marionette Master works with any artifact, token or not, as everything is put into the graveyard unless exiled (or stated otherwise). Cards like Pia's Revolution is a good comparison as it specifies "whenever a nontoken artifact" whereas Marionette Master specifies "whenever an artifact".
Mainly play Casual Multiplayer and EDH.

youaresprung

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2018, 03:24:11 am »
@LikeButtah
To piggyback on what HowlingLotus said, sacrificed artifact tokens actually hit the graveyard just before they leave play, triggering Marionette Master. It's a really cool interaction. As long as the Master resolves, there isn't much the opponent can do to prevent you from sacrificing your treasures and cells for instant damage.

Besides upgrading with Fatal Push, I'm seriously considering replacing Revel in Riches. It just doesn't produce very many tokens as it comes out later in the game and as a turn five play it is terrible. I honestly can't say it has won many games. Any reccomendatons for a replacement? Mechanized Production is a little too vulnerable for my taste with all the artifact hate (Abrade). I'm thinking of something like Yahenni's Expertise or Torment of Hailfire.

Thank you all for your suggestions :] a fresh perspective is always appreciated after brewing on a deck for hours.

DJUMI

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2018, 11:14:28 pm »
Yoo I commented on your first version. Check out metallic rebuke for a sweet improvise counter. I used to run revel in the riches because that's what spawned the deck idea but ended up cutting it because I rarely played it.

DJUMI

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2018, 11:20:53 pm »
Also, inventor's fair is a nice addition. Let's you gain life to help run out burn and helps you find a treasure map

youaresprung

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2018, 01:20:02 am »
Update:

After play testing, the deck proved too slow as most matches were spent just grinding it out waiting to draw Marionette Master. Renegade Map was added for consistency and Herald of Anguish as an additional finisher. The removal package has been also improved with the addition of Fatal Push and Ifnir Deadlands. Battle at the Bridge also performed very well removing Gods and restoring life lost in the early turns.

Contraband Kingpin felt a little underwhelming in play testing. The life gain was rarely relevant, the scry was generally redundant (and didn't matter due to a lack of threats to scry for!) and the mana requirement made it less than reliable to cast on turn two. A swap for Gleaming Barrier felt right as it assists as improvise fuel and sac fodder for Herald of Anguish.

iselfdstruct

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2018, 10:52:20 pm »
I run a tezzeret treasures deck but mine is blue/black control. Hit them with negates/cancel/disallow. Get a bunch of tokens and either marionette master, torment of hailfire, or I have a one of sacral god.