deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Lantern Control  (Read 516 times)

Soren841

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Lantern Control
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2018, 05:53:23 am »

Revision 8

Added/removed cards:
-1 Nephalia Drownyard
+1 Grindclock

Changed amounts:
+1 Darksteel Citadel
-1 Pithing Needle
Nils is the God I worship

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2018, 05:57:09 am »

Revision 9

Added/removed cards:
-1 Forest
-1 Island
-1 Swamp
+2 Botanical Sanctum
+3 Darkslick Shores

Changed amounts:
-2 Blooming Marsh

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2018, 06:06:55 am »

burn your face

• Decks
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2018, 09:53:48 pm »
Pyxis can also just be another card that helps you win, by decking them.

Mostlynotgay

• It's really not THAT impressive
    • Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2018, 02:48:03 am »
Pyxis can also just be another card that helps you win, by decking them.

Statistically, the utility of having more mill rocks is outweighed by the benefit of the card that you are getting rid of. 

The deck is not supposed to be fast.  you're not trying to increase the number of cards you mill.  You can win an entire game with lantern and 2 mill rocks (i've done it).  The deck isn't about the mill.  It's about the lock.  Once the lock is in place, 99% of the time they will not win the game. 

*social commentary time* I've played this deck for years, and I have I think two different versions saved on the site
https://deckstats.net/decks/42006/369912-lantern-cuntroll/en - First one
https://deckstats.net/decks/42006/905603-they-asked-me-not-to-play-this/en -
 Second one. 
This is actually the problem with a lot of people who try to play lantern.  You can't look at it as a mill deck.  It's a prison deck.  I've played games where I couldn't mill more than one or two cards per turn because of their board state.  So even though I had all 7 of my mill rocks out (yes, I only run 7 total), I had to hide behind the lock. 
Youtube Videos: Mostlynotgay

"You're such a f*ggot for playing that in multiplayer" - Opponent when I played Confusion in the Ranks

Modern >

burn your face

• Decks
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2018, 03:28:37 pm »
I guess my point of view is wrong. I play burn a lot, and there are a lot of times, that my opponent needs to draw more mill rocks to win the game.

Mostlynotgay

• Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2018, 10:10:39 pm »
I guess my point of view is wrong. I play burn a lot, and there are a lot of times, that my opponent needs to draw more mill rocks to win the game.

Burn is an outlyer of a match against me, and is one match that is pretty much a coin toss with me (not a lot).  Lantern is about keeping them off good stuff first, milling second.  Burn is tricky because you never really hit that sweet spot where there's nothing they can draw.  Just about every card in the deck is relevant, so unless you're rocking some leyline effect, it's hard to really just lock them out.  I know a few players (myself included) who mainboard one witchbane orb and sideboard 3 leylines for matches like this. 

"You're such a f*ggot for playing that in multiplayer" - Opponent when I played Confusion in the Ranks

Modern >

MrBamsGoesBoom

• Decks
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2018, 11:08:35 pm »

Mostlynotgay

• Mostlynotgay Videos
  • Decks
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2018, 11:40:34 pm »
Jace, the Mind Sculptor?

I'm actually trying him as a 1-of in a deck to see how he performs.  I'm not sold on him since his best use in a lantern deck is his ult or brainstorm, and you can't use BS to get to the ult.  You could +2 on your opponent's deck, but I feel like it's not conducive to the deck's ultimate goal.  So you're basically dropping 2UU for either a repeatable dig, or eventually ulting him.  Based on historical precedence, his ultimate does not end the game much faster than the deck would end it, anyway. 

Modern >