deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: EDH land Hate... yea we are going to be that guy.  (Read 647 times)

TheWakaEmu117

• #BringBackStorm
  • Decks
EDH land Hate... yea we are going to be that guy.
« on: February 05, 2018, 12:19:45 am »
So I thought it would be fun to brew up an EDH land hate deck. now I am well aware that this is one of the filithiest and meanest mechanics ever printed and one Wizards is not a fan of. The idea started as boros land hate deck, then mardu then finally WRBG. I decided that because I thought it would be cool to abuse putting lands into the graveyard but being able to play them while denying everyone else mana.

Here is a compilation of cards that I think would be good for this. its not quite a deck yet which is why I didn't put this in deck review. https://deckstats.net/decks/61302/909854-lol-no-lands-for-you

I am kinda just brainstorming and compiling good cards for this. I also know that i am missing a lot of great cards for this like life of the loam and stuff. know Im just brewing the deck and chances of me building are low although I do want to keep the budget with in reason. I don't want to shell out more than hundred dollars for a card. which means ravages of war is not in. and preferably not over 50 dollars though I will make a few exceptions for cards that are exceptionally good in this deck such as crucible of worlds.

again this type of deck is really terrible not in unplayable but extremely hateable.
so what do you think
I can't even read

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Re: EDH land Hate... yea we are going to be that guy.
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 01:02:36 am »
I ran a Kaalia MLD deck, just be aware you're going to draw major heat when people realize that's what you're playing.

Have you thought about including Bitter Ordeal? It's nasty after an Armageddon. (blow up all lands with Armageddon then you get to search their libraries and put a card- a land- out of their deck into exile for each land you blew up).

Edit- spelling is not my friend
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 12:38:45 am by WWolfe »
This space for rent.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 01:14:53 am »
Damn thats sweet.. he isnt in black tho
Nils is the God I worship

homietre

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 04:41:55 pm »
Damn thats sweet.. he isnt in black tho

he s using dune brood nephilim as his commander, which is black

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2018, 05:09:24 pm »
I didnt see the sectiom about his colors, my bad. I think land destruction has it's place as a kind of stax build, but its very difficult to build and pilot because of the hate it draws

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2018, 07:53:29 pm »
But wait, the Nephilim are not legendary creatures though so who's the commander then? If you used the dragon as your commander then you could still get some good land destruction going. Use red for the destruction spells such as demolish and then use a blue spell to bring it right back to hand. Like for example, Archaeomancer, or elite arcanist with volcanic upheaval. That it itself would put pressure on your opponent constantly since you could destroy their lands EVERY TURN.

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2018, 09:17:37 pm »
But wait, the Nephilim are not legendary creatures

A lot of playgroups allow the nephilim to be used as commanders.  Prior to the release of Commander 2016 decks there was a grand total of zero legendary 4-color creatures.  There was a grand total of 5 non-legendary 4-color creatures; one in each color grouping; the nephilim.  Even R&D has stated that if they could go back, they would make the nephilim legendary.  edhrec even has them listed as "unofficial" options.

Happy Brewing!  :)
Happy Brewing!
:)

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2018, 09:20:51 pm »
Couldnt they just errata them

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2018, 09:30:57 pm »
When the C16 decks came out, I thought that would be their chance.  I was kinda surprised that they didn't.
Happy Brewing!
:)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2018, 11:18:18 pm »
When the C16 decks came out, I thought that would be their chance.  I was kinda surprised that they didn't.

Yea, I was expecting them to errata the Nephilim via reprint when C16 came out.
This space for rent.

TheWakaEmu117

• #BringBackStorm
  • Decks
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2018, 11:47:39 pm »
yea its not something I'm super worried about my play group is pretty casual. I'm just looking for ideas and stuff the Armageddon and bitter ordeal is terribly mean but something that you do once with a dumb smile while everyone screams at you in fury for being a terrible human being.
I can't even read

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2018, 02:26:20 am »
Armageddon & Bitter Ordeal is one of those "wait, you just did what?" moments where people just have that look on their faces. It's a very sweet feeling.
This space for rent.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2018, 07:38:25 am »
Bitter ordeal looks like a great card. time spiral has definitely produced some good cards.So i'm guessing that since you're going for the land destruction that you'd want some control spells to slow down the gameplay right?

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2018, 05:01:33 pm »
Bitter Ordeal is great...a friend showed me it when I was building another deck, I'd forgotten about it, and I was instantly like "I have a great use for that".  8)
This space for rent.