deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Poll

How easy is it to navigate and create a topic in the DeckStats forum?

Very easy. (I can find any topic in seconds, people always respond to me.)
Easy. (I can find almost any topic or create it with minimal effort.)
Moderate. (A little effort is require to locate a topic or create a post.)
Difficult. ( Significant effort, there are too many posts about a certain topic to navigate easily.)
Very Difficult. (The layout makes it almost impossible for people to read my posts or create one.)

Author Topic: Forum Improvements (Layout)  (Read 5109 times)

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
Forum Improvements (Layout)
« on: February 06, 2018, 08:28:37 pm »
Hi all! I am trying to help Nils make improvements to the general layout of the forums, and I need to crowdsource input from members.

I want to make the English forums more efficient for you to find the exact topic you are looking for, or create it for people to see. Without them ignoring it, or simply missing it in the sheer volume of posts.

I have my own ideas of how to do this, but I need a consensus, better yet, ideas.  ;)
Please cast your vote, and if you have time, I would like to hear if you have any suggestions!  :)

I want to change to the layout of the General Magic forums to include Subforums for example:

EDH - Discussions
Standard - Discussions
Modern - Discussions

etc...

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Re: Forum Improvements (Layout)
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 05:14:22 pm »
I would definitely be in favor of different forums for the different formats, but I wonder if there would be a drop-off in posting if people have to go to different forums to view topics about the different formats. For instance, I see & post in threads about standard that I may not see if it was a separate forum because my interest level isn't high enough in the format atm that I may not go to a separate forum to see them but if they're all in one forum, I will look at them to see if there is anything I can add to the conversation.
This space for rent.

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 08:27:28 pm »
Thanks WWolfe, I think I understand your point. I'll see what I can think of.

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 01:38:38 am »
I think the General Magic Forum may not need subforums, as it is "General Magic Forum."  I would definitely like to see the Deck Review Requests forum sectioned into the different formats.

Thank You.  :)
Happy Brewing!
:)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 02:23:46 am »
I think the General Magic Forum may not need subforums, as it is "General Magic Forum."  I would definitely like to see the Deck Review Requests forum sectioned into the different formats.

That would make a lot of sense.
This space for rent.

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 10:24:45 pm »

True enough. My opinion is despite it being a General Forum for magic there is a LOT of information that pertains to Magic the Gathering. Making everyone's queries accessible to all and heard is a difficult balancing act. What I hope to do is implement something that organises the general forum so that posts are seen, rather than lost in a deluge of new threads.

Probably not sub-forums then... I might make a sticky that makes sure everyone that wants to post about rules have to post in a particular thread.

We had an issue not too long ago about someone who had written a query but didn't get the right response or was overlooked. I'm hoping to try and fix that. I want this forum to be the place to be for MTG~!  8)