deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] locust god edh + suggestions wanted.  (Read 294 times)

naivara1

• Not the greatest player but looking to improve.
  • Decks

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] locust god edh + suggestions wanted.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 06:31:48 pm »
I think that adding some cards from Return to Ravnica AND original Innistrad would be a good idea. Reason being, you can discard cards that have flashback, draw more cards, get tokens on the field, then when you have enough use a card like teleportal and overload it for a colossal effect. Also Coastal Piracy would be fantastic in this deck. It's like adding fuel to a fire that just keeps growing.

LetMeDie

• Let Me Die
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 07:17:00 pm »
Shared Animosity and wheel effect seem good. I also have a locust god deck, and I run Day's undoing, reforge the soul, Whirlpool warrior, and time reversal.

Soren841

• Decks
Nils is the God I worship

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 01:30:56 am »
Happy Brewing!
:)

HowlingLotus

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2018, 03:56:00 am »
Breath Of Fury has worked wonders for me. It goes great with other previous suggestions of Shared Animosity and Teleportal.

*Edit*
Library Of Leng can work wonders as well with Wheel type effects. My Locust God deck likes to combo it with cards like Fateful Showdown, Tolarian Winds, Windfall, etc. At this point my friends have that eye roll moment when I start to have a large hand as I just play those cards and go "so I put my hand on my library and redraw it to make a bunch of Insects" ;D .
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 04:03:59 am by HowlingLotus »
Mainly play Casual Multiplayer and EDH.

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2018, 05:31:34 am »
Jace's Archivist and cards with Madness, such as Circular Logic, Avacyn's Judgment, Fiery Temper or Obsessive Search.  Not only do you get the tokens, you get to cast spells, often for less mana.  Combine with Tamiyo, the Moon Sage, and Jace's Archivist can get vicious.  You may want Laboratory Maniac so you don't mill out...

calebbw

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2018, 06:48:29 pm »
A lot of people go for the wheel theme here for obvious reasons. But it can be a lot more competitive than just wheeling your way to victory. There are a lot of ways to draw your entire library, generate infinite mana, and deal infinite damage with this commander. One of the most notorious combos being Skullclamp + Ashnod’s Altar, and you only need a couple bugs to get going. This lets you draw your entire deck and generate infinite mana (as long as you don’t mill yourself, but of course you could play Laboratory Maniac and win that way). Drawing your entire library gets you a bug for each draw, add in a Purphoros, God of the Forge, and Impact Tremors, or Psychosis Crawler and you’ve essentially forced a win. There’s also Kindred Discovery + The Locust God, which can be dangerous since neither ability is a ‘may’ trigger. But if you have an Altar, you can sac your commander on the stack to avoid dying to kill (again Lab Maniac is good here). Or you could do Consecrated Sphinx + Teferi’s Puzzle Box. That’s pretty nasty. As previously mentioned, Shared Animosity is great here. The possibilities are near endless. Good luck with that advice, here’s my brew

https://deckstats.net/decks/62519/889445-the-locust-god/en
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 08:03:13 pm by calebbw »