deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Teneb: Commander - Comments  (Read 157 times)

Comment Bot

Teneb: Commander - Comments
« on: February 25, 2018, 05:07:18 am »
Teneb: Commander

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Imissedtkt

• Decks
Re: Teneb: Commander - Comments
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 05:07:29 am »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I equip Illusionist's Bracers to Teneb, deal combat damage, pay the activate cost, then use Strionic Resonator to copy that, could I technically take any four creatures from any graveyards for 6 generic and 2 black mana? I ask because I'm not entirely clear on how that works.

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
Re: Teneb: Commander - Comments
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2018, 05:28:38 am »
Illusionist's Bracers affects ACTIVATED abilities.  Strionic Resonator affects TRIGGERED abilities.  Abilities are one or the other.  They are not both.  The key here is the word "whenever" in Teneb's ability.  That means that it is triggered.    The cost for an activated ability can be activated at any time and as many times as you can pay the cost.  So although there is a mana cost that you can pay within Teneb's ability, you do not activate it.  It is triggered whenever Teneb deals combat damage to a player; then you can choose to pay it once or not a all.

In short ... Illusionist's Bracers on Teneb will not do anything.

Hope this helps  :)
Happy Brewing!
:)