deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Poll

Who in your opinion is the better dinosaur commander?

7 (58.3%)
Zacama, Primal Calamity
5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Better Dinosaur Commander?  (Read 657 times)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Better Dinosaur Commander?
« on: February 10, 2018, 06:15:07 am »
Want to build a Dinosaur EDH deck, but can't decide between the two Naya fatties. The mono-colored ones are ruled out as I already have decks for four of the five colors and I'm not interested in the white one as a commander. Besides, this will likely be the only dino deck I build (barring new ones in future sets) and I want to include more than one color in the fun.

So who ya got?
This space for rent.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: Better Dinosaur Commander?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 07:34:50 am »
I feel that the Zacama primal Calamity is the better choice. First it untaps all your lands, secondly it has a myriad of effects, and thirdly it does not have to put itself in danger in order to use its own abilities. It's a big beast that works and can get the job done right.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 03:16:17 pm »
https://deckstats.net/decks/86132/886708-zacama-edh heres mine u can pull ideas from if you'd like
Nils is the God I worship

TheWakaEmu117

• #BringBackStorm
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 11:52:04 pm »
personally I like Zacama although he is more combo centric and might be better in the 99 because with Gishath you can hit with his ability but you know its hard to decide. Its hard to decide because I built a dino deck with zacama but a bunch of spots are taken by mana doublers because I want to abuse him. both are good though.
I can't even read

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2018, 02:11:48 am »
At the moment, I'd have to say I'm leaning towards Zacama but I see positives in both having very desirable  abilities. Regardless of which I decide the other will definitely be in the 99.

This space for rent.

CasualCalamity

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 02:57:38 am »
if you want to try something a little outside the box, you can go with Tamanoa. Technically she is isn't legendary, but she sure feels like she is, and she fits nicely if you want to commit to enrage and pyrohemia shenanigans. Also, she looks like something one could find in Ixalans jungles. You can check out my Tamanoa deck for my take on her and enrage dinos. :)

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 05:25:08 am »
Zacama for versatility and being, in essence, essentially free once you untap the lands used for casting.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2018, 05:44:07 am »
Tamanoa is not something I think my playgroup would allow as a commander but it's definitely an interesting idea. I always forget about her, she could potentially be a house even as part of the 99.
This space for rent.

CasualCalamity

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2018, 12:05:09 pm »
Oh yeah, my playgroups and a lot of people I talked with are fine with her as commander. Almost didn't think about the possibility that anyboby could have issues with her. :-)

CasualCalamity

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2018, 12:07:22 pm »
With regards to your original question: If you want to commit to Dino tribal, I'd go with Gishath. Zacama is cool and all, but suggests another strategy in my mind. Gishath really lets you get the Dinos out of the cage, and that's what such a deck should be all about, in my mind. If you can protect him, that is.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2018, 06:50:35 pm »
I'm still torn on this, and the board is split on it...vote is tied atm.
This space for rent.

LilianaVess'

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2018, 12:24:54 am »
gisharth i believe is the is the best with a big dino deck because cheating in dinos seems pretty cool to build around
(can anyone tell me a sub for reanimate i have animate dead and exhume already)