deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Saskia Infect & Extra Combats  (Read 257 times)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
[EDH / Commander] Saskia Infect & Extra Combats
« on: February 15, 2018, 05:48:36 pm »
Saskia Infect & Extra Combats

Hit your opponent with Infect through bloodrush combat tricks & extra combat steps.

Working on the mana base now- it will not end up all basics, primarily was focused on making the functionality of the deck itself work. May make a change or two to add more extra combat steps.

As always, suggestions are welcome.

ETA- also going to add more proliferation effects.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 06:00:17 pm by WWolfe »
This space for rent.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Saskia Infect & Extra Combats
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 06:10:14 pm »
Saskia Infect & Extra Combats

Added Maybeboard of cards I'm considering working in, which include a few ways to make creatures unblockable, another extra combat card, and some more proliferate engines.
This space for rent.

Acromos

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 12:17:34 pm »
With the unblockable maybeboard, a card I personally find underrated and unexpected is Outmaneuver .

Also your infect creatures are usually rather small when you don´t have Mirror Entity on the field. So they will find themselves in the graveyard pretty quick, so maybe you should add a way to help them out of there. Getting back a
Phyrexian Swarmlord or Hand of the Praetors lategame is worth pure gold sometimes.

But the Saskia-Infect combo is pretty neat, when one player has an opening you get to kill another one for free!

What about Blade of Selves ? creates many problems if there are 4 Blightsteel Colossus attacking everyone.

Proliferate is difficult as it is one way to add poison to your enemies instead of making them unblockable. I think a focus on one of those strategies would benefit you more than both at the same time.

Have a nice day!

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 05:47:29 pm »
Blade of Selves is likely to make the final cut, at this point I'm fine-tuning the mechanics of the deck to sort out some of the underperformers.

Outmaneuver is kinda like Siege Behemoth which I have in the deck, nice suggestion as is adding some recursion. I have a couple reanimate spells laying around that I don't currently have in a deck so I may need to look at them.

I'm torn on proliferate and unblockable. You're right, at the end of the day I need to pick one and go with it. Once I've play-tested some more it probably will be clear cut which one is the better option. The slots of the other will likely go to a recursion package.

This space for rent.

Acromos

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 01:55:23 am »
If you have good packages for both maybe make one of them sideboard and switch between unblockable and proliferate.

(personally I would choose unblockable in this case, as it benefits saskia directly although I like proiferate more)

With Outmaneuver and siege behemoth is the thing, one you can see coming and the other one is an instant which may only take 3 mana to kill someone, especially with the extra dmg from saskia. and it is cheap as dirt.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 01:58:55 am by Acromos »

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 01:08:47 am »
After play-testing, I'm leaning more towards unblockable at this point. Proliferate is ok in the deck, but the unblockable with Saskia is just nasty.
This space for rent.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
This space for rent.