deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Unstable variants  (Read 689 times)

pmbarrett314

• Decks
Unstable variants
« on: February 21, 2018, 11:21:09 pm »
Do you have any plans to support the variant cards from unstable? Some of them don't matter mechanically, but some of the variants do have different abilities (and price differences). (I completely get it if not, and I'm sure developers everywhere have been cursing Wizards ever since this set came out).

Amateur Auteur, Beast in Show, Everythingamajig, Extremely Slow Zombie, Garbage Elemental, Ineffable Blessing, Curious Killbot, Knight of the Kitchen Sink, Novellamental, Secret Base, Sly Spy, Target Minotaur, Very Cryptic Command

Nils

• Decks
Re: Unstable variants
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 06:38:42 pm »
Yeah, these are a bit of a pain unfortunately. I don't think we will ever have a way for having multiple cards with exactly the same name. That would mess up too much of the fundamental code of the site, which would be a lot of work to fix.

That said, what I could maybe do would be to add these as separate cards with a number at the end. So instead of adding "Amateur Auteur" to your deck, you could add "Amateur Auteur 3" to your deck which would then be the third version of that card. That would still require a bit of extra work, but if it's something that many people miss right now it might be worth the effort.

Would that be useful?

pmbarrett314

• Decks
Re: Unstable variants
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 09:41:48 pm »
What I've seen a few sites do is basically that, but with letters, so "Amateur Auteur A". TCGPlayer accepts them as "Amatuer Auteur (A)", which I think is closer to how they are in Oracle. That would definitely be useful. I personally would enjoy it, but you definitely don't have to do it just on my account :D.