deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Set ID/Code Correlation Table  (Read 1074 times)

CASREP

• Decks
Set ID/Code Correlation Table
« on: February 23, 2018, 08:16:24 pm »
I would like to see a table that describes the correlation between set ID and set code. Currently, I'm having to perform a lot of manual work with exports to determine which ID corresponds with which code.

For example, the export says one of my cards has a set_ID of 15 which corresponds with set code 5DN. I want to see a whole table the matches the 1-3 digit number with its 3 character code.

Nils

• Decks
Re: Set ID/Code Correlation Table
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 12:28:51 pm »
What would you like to use this for?

The set IDs are internal IDs used by the DeckStats code, so you should never have to know or edit these by hand. So I think a better solution would be to find a way to let you use the set abbreviations directly for what you want to do.

DelverMage

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 01:51:52 pm »
When doing an export, those codes show up.
Importing to another system requires a translation of that code to the appropriate set.

CASREP

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 08:28:36 pm »
What would you like to use this for?

The set IDs are internal IDs used by the DeckStats code, so you should never have to know or edit these by hand. So I think a better solution would be to find a way to let you use the set abbreviations directly for what you want to do.

The problem is that I can't import set_id values into other systems precisely because they're internal to DeckStats. To import my collection stored here into another system, I need to know the standard 3-character alphanumeric code to which the internal set IDs correspond.

When doing an export, those codes show up.
Importing to another system requires a translation of that code to the appropriate set.

Correct.

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 12:27:22 pm »
Oh, I see! Initially the import/export features were only meant to let you download and restore backups of your collection. So that's why they use our internal set IDs, rather than the abbreviations.

However, I appreciate that it may be useful to manage your collection on DeckStats but then export it to other systems.

To make this possible, I have now added a new column to the CSV export that includes the set abbreviation for each card. In addition, I also replaced the "Card #[Set=123]" format in the text export with the more common "[ABC] Card" format.

Please have a look and let me know if this works for you!

And just out of curiosity, which other systems you are important these into?

CASREP

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 04:07:35 pm »
Oh, I see! Initially the import/export features were only meant to let you download and restore backups of your collection. So that's why they use our internal set IDs, rather than the abbreviations.

However, I appreciate that it may be useful to manage your collection on DeckStats but then export it to other systems.

To make this possible, I have now added a new column to the CSV export that includes the set abbreviation for each card. In addition, I also replaced the "Card #[Set=123]" format in the text export with the more common "[ABC] Card" format.

Please have a look and let me know if this works for you!

And just out of curiosity, which other systems you are important these into?

I've been experimenting with Delver Lens for a mobile database. The new export worked like a champ with the exception of set_id 31 which should correspond with 10E, not 10ED. I believe the alphanumeric code is supposed to be 3 characters.

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2018, 03:36:20 pm »
The abbreviation for 10E should be fixed now, sorry about that!