deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Commander Shuffled from Graveyard to Library  (Read 2406 times)

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
Commander Shuffled from Graveyard to Library
« on: March 24, 2018, 02:14:40 pm »
If I have a commander like Child of Alara, who I want to hit the graveyard, and then i have an effect to shuffle my graveyard into my library such as elixir of immortality or Emrakul, The Aeons Torn. the way it works is that if my commander would change zones, I can choose to put it in the command zone instead, correct? Or Since I do not specifically target the card, and it is a mass shuffle effect, does it get shuffled in? Or does the replacement effect of going to the command zone only apply if the commander is on the battlefield and would change zones?
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
Re: Commander Shuffled from Graveyard to Library
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 03:13:06 pm »
The rule from mtgcommander.net is:

If a Commander would be put into a library, hand, graveyard or exile from anywhere, its owner may choose to move it to the command zone instead.

Any time a commander changes zones, its controller gets to choose weather to allow that zone change or to have that commander go to the command zone.  Just like when your commander dies, you get to choose graveyard or command zone; it doesn't matter weather the commander was targeted by Murder or died to Wrath of God.  Same with getting shuffled; you get to choose library or command zone.

:)
Happy Brewing!
:)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Re: Commander Shuffled from Graveyard to Library
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 05:53:40 pm »
Thank God they did away with the tuck rule.  ;D
This space for rent.