deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Let’s Make our Ideal Master Set!  (Read 2170 times)

Soren841

• Decks
Re: Let’s Make our Ideal Master Set!
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2018, 02:47:06 pm »
Some cards are meant to be expensive. I would love for stuff to be all $10 or less but their business is selling packs and keeping high power level cards like a lot of the mentioned ones at a higher price is what does that. They make no money from sales of singles and they lose money if there are no cards priced like the Moxen or Mana Drain because then packs cost more than the cards you're looking for
Nils is the God I worship

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2018, 03:14:36 pm »
The point of this thread is Ideal Master Set, not Ideal realistic Master Set.  ;)
This space for rent.

TheWakaEmu117

• #BringBackStorm
  • Decks
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2018, 06:49:21 am »
yeah Ideal but not realistic. Although I agree with soren to some extent that there are certain cards that are meant to be expensive, but I feel like lands should not be those cards, for me personally the price of fetches pretty much out prices me really quick. I think that lands should be relatively easy to come by, like $20 which is what the khans fetches are sitting around. I mean if lili and goyf are above $50 fine but chances are unless I crack it in a random pack I wont ever get my hands on them for a long time. My biggest thing is that I want most modern decks to be under $1000 personally I think under 500 is high but I will settle for a under 1000. and some decks are alot of decks are, The thing that really spurred this on me was how expensive good mana bases are.
I can't even read

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2018, 05:35:25 pm »
I agree with that sentiment.  My biggest critique of the game is that any rare land card is too expensive until its been reprinted about a half-dozen times in Standard-legal booster packs.  And this has been true going back to the beginning.  But, as mentioned, the reprinting of the lands in a Masters set won't do much for the price.  They price may drop a little bit initially, but will bounce back up after a year or two.  The reason: Masters sets are limited print runs AND they have an MSRP equivalent to about 3 regular packs; some stores sell them much higher.  (Revised duals are obviously the exception, being on the Reserve List).

So if we're making an IDEAL Masters set ... it would not be a limited print run.  AND it would have an MSRP of $5.99

I've also always thought that Masters sets should have 2 rares per pack, and maybe 5 uncommons per pack.  Especially since the express purpose of these sets is to put reprints into the hands of players.

:)
Happy Brewing!

TheWakaEmu117

• #BringBackStorm
  • Decks
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2018, 07:37:21 pm »
that is an interesting idea but Maybe like MSRP of like $7.99 so its some what inbetween of the regular master's pack cost and the price of standard prices. I don't think people would mind if certain cards were printed like crazy. although lets get back to making our set list for this I will post the list so far later today
I can't even read

burn your face

• Decks
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2018, 05:15:18 pm »
I don't think that arid mesa has necessarily stabilized. I just recently bought into the rest of my playset. I bought the first 2 about 2 months ago, and I couldn't find the other 2 recently for under about $37. I agree that only blackleave cliffs should be reprinted, as for the manlands, stirring wildwood, and lavaclaw reaches don't really need a reprint. Another card that might be a good card to reprint is collected company. It's not crazy expensive, but it sees a lot of play in modern. and I could see it getting expensive. I think this is a great thread and I am glad it has been created.

TheWakaEmu117

• #BringBackStorm
  • Decks
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2018, 03:11:17 am »
Yeah I agree I mean I called it, I told my friend I said Collective Company is gonna see a bunch of play in modern and he was like nah its too expensive to cast, It will go in elves and thats it. And I was right its in a few different decks now.
I can't even read

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2018, 09:27:29 pm »
If you guys can agree on a list of 249 cards that would make up your 'Ideal Masters set' I would be happy to feature it on the site. :)

Break it down into:

Mythics -
Rares -
Uncommons -
Commons -
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 09:30:26 pm by Mnemosyne »

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2018, 10:39:13 pm »
67 down, 182 more to pick.  I think that it has been a while since Megrim has been printed.  Maybe Mindcrank, Traumatize, Liliana's Caress, Bloodchief Ascension,Keening Stone, Hedron Crab

BurnWon521

• Decks
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2018, 10:45:33 pm »
Would love a capsize reprint

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2018, 07:46:02 am »
Happy Brewing!

burn your face

• Decks
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2018, 06:48:06 pm »
Snow lands

1Bronson

• I am Crisp Rat, Lord of the Stars
  • Decks
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2018, 07:04:20 pm »
You guys are forgetting about something really important, the reserved list. Cards like Oubliette are un-reprintable because of that.