deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Pauper?  (Read 564 times)

TheWakaEmu117

• #BringBackStorm
  • Decks
Pauper?
« on: April 17, 2018, 02:26:06 am »
So I kinda wanna play pauper and so does a friend of mine, that way we could be on equal ground in term of how good our decks are. I warned him that pauper is a lot more powerful than he might think. A lot of broken cards have been printed at common. So I was wondering whats a good starting point?

I will probably try to pick up what I can. the decks I was thinking of were, Mono Blue delver, U/R spell blitz, U/B control (stuff like murder, doom blade, counterspell, and some thing as a finisher) G/W tokens with Presence of Gond and Midnight Guard, maybe a mono green ramp deck. I dunno maybe just some jank out of what cards I have.

What do you guys suggest or even play? and this isn't competitive pauper although depending on the price those aren't off table for me.
I can't even read

burn your face

• Decks
Re: Pauper?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2018, 03:43:58 am »
I love playing pauper, and I think it is a great idea to get into it. I am currently playing, Dinrova tron, and Mono black control with a white splash. I have played UR blitz, but I hated it. I would not play that deck unless you are super into pure combo. Dinrova tron is a different take on pauper tron, and it has a super fun way of finishing the game which is, mnemonic wall, dinrova horror, and ghostly flicker. My version of mono black control is splashing white for kor skysisher, and I have a huge pile of creatures like phyrexian rager, and chittering rats. I use gray merchant of asphodel as a finisher. This is all pretty normal for the mono black control deck, apart from the kor skyfisher which I use to bounce stuff like Gary and chittering rats to get a bunch of value. I actually don't have oubliettes for this deck, and I have been doing super well with it. The deck is also super budget friendly without oubliette. As for your ideas delver seems super fun. Like I said, I think the right player can enjoy playing blitz. UB control is super fun, I'm thinking of building it. just don't play murder, it is super outclassed by other removal in the format. Use gurmag angler as a finisher for this deck. I'm not sure how I feel about the presence of gond midnight guard deck. Chainer's edict is very good in a lot of these decks. A few good less expensive options are, diabolic edict, and if you are in mono black geth's verdict.

I hope that this helps. I'm not really sure if I have been super helpful. Good getting into this awesome format.

ladof

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 04:37:16 am »
Green tron is pretty strong. You get Ancient Stirrings and Ulamog's Crusher among other goodies.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

burn your face

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 05:23:48 am »
Green tron Isn't nearly as fun though.

TheWakaEmu117

• #BringBackStorm
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 06:14:28 am »
Yeah I was looking at blue black and it seemed sweet with dinrova horror as a finisher. Green tron also looks fun. I kinda wanna do a thermo alchemist mono red burn brew. tokens is also sweet. but playing mono black or blue black is super tempting.
I can't even read

burn your face

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2018, 11:03:05 pm »
The pauper burn deck is super good. I would highly recommend playing firebrand archer along side thermo alchemist. The deck is also pretty pretty cheap if yoou already have lightning bolts.

TheWakaEmu117

• #BringBackStorm
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2018, 07:52:01 am »
Yeah I wouldn’t mind picking up some other burn spells and stuff. It’s probably super fun
I can't even read