deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: kaladesh masterpiece cards  (Read 759 times)

dokepa

• Decks
kaladesh masterpiece cards
« on: April 18, 2018, 04:15:37 am »
Hey any of you out there won any masterpieces from kaladesh invention set ? I do not play commander at the moment , nor do I see myself playing anytime soon now that brawler is out . So there is a bit of a buying frenzy right now over these . I guess they are for collectors and hard core gamers who foil out their decks ( or so my friend says  ::) ) . I have 5 of these left in my collection , I sold 2 a bit back . right now face value is $330 and I got an offer of $175 .  Seems pretty reasonable  . Was going to use the money and buy a box of Dominaria and use the rest on singles to try and fill out my 2 pauper decks .  Just looking for an honest opinion from all you folks . realistically they are sleeved in a binder just sitting there , and I do not use them , which makes no sense to hold on to them but I wonder how long it will be before we see another "special series"  like expeditions , inventions , invocations ?? and therefore could be a big price growth .   :-X :-X decisions  :-\ :'( 

ladof

• Decks
Re: kaladesh masterpiece cards
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 12:46:53 pm »
I've been in convos about this a few times recently. The general concensus is that there is a hard buyout going for MPS cards to drive the prices up and try to keep them there. I've heard the cards called "non-reserve list reserve list" cards, since the print run is so restricted. I feel like the cards will only continue to go up in value, particularly the highly played cards, although probably not at the current rate of increase.

Personally I only have 2 and they're for a deck, so they're not going anywhere. If I had spares I'd probably sell them, but it wouldn't be at a discount; I really doubt they're coming back down.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 01:57:06 pm »
Just save them, especially if theyre going through a buyout
Nils is the God I worship

dokepa

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2018, 05:05:45 pm »
thank you for your honesty !
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 05:13:58 pm by dokepa »

CardAgain Sweater

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2018, 06:51:45 pm »
Invocations from the Amonkhet block have had a large price spike across the board. Containment Priest up 300% overnight, Omniscience doubled.

It looks like the buyers moved to Invocations this past weekend. So many invocations have shot up so quickly while other MPS sets have remained stable in comparison.

I'm holding mine, but I am a collector as well as a player. I could find a use for the $ if I sold out, but I like the idea of having hard-to-obtain things like the MPS cards. To each their own :)

If face value is $330, I think the offer of $175 is low.  If you wanna get $ for MPSs, I wouldn't sell to a shop. Getting 55% of 'face value' for a Hazoret means you leave a couple of bucks of value on the table. 55% of $330 means you need a big table for all that value you are giving up. Takes more work per card to go ebay or whatever, but the per card payoff for MPSs is worth it.
http://deck.tk/1PJd2YnD - Krokodil; my favorite Standard deck which focuses on -1/-1 counter synergy; currently illegal due to ban on attune. I'm brewing a post ban version...

Standard decks I'm trying:
http://deck.tk/4ixH1ndX - Mono G Monument
http://deck.tk/94QF5WSF - Booty Sac

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 03:05:28 pm »
They are eventually going to be hard to find cards because once all the packs that have the inventions, expeditions et-cetra all sell. You won't be able to buy em in the packs. I don't know the print run on them but again I know sports cards and when you # a print run and put them in packs. The numbered print run is worth more and eventually get.  harder to find as the years go on. However they are harder to sell at times because for example, I have a sword of feast and famine invention. So yeah I have to find the handful of buyers willing to pay the high said price of it but other buyers will buy the cheaper versions from the other sets. So yes prices of these cards go up but selling them near or close to it value will be much harder. Yes you can sell online and get a more premium price for these cards but again you are only selling to a handful of buyers and if those buyers aren't interested. You still have a overpriced numbered card that has value but only if someone is willing to pay for that value
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

dokepa

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2018, 08:19:33 am »
I feel pretty good about the ones I have , ornithopter , sword of feast and famine , meekstone , 2 sword of body and mind . I put them back away, and see what another year brings . I feel good that there will always be someone looking for " expeditions , invocations or masterpieces as long as Magic is around , people have money to burn and someone out there wants a full foil deck to show off.