deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] God Squad  (Read 418 times)

Xragion

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] God Squad
« on: April 19, 2018, 07:13:22 am »
God Squad
I've been looking everywhere for god tribal decks and i couldn't for the life of my find many deck list
so this is a work in progress and i can only get a expensive card every once in a while and im working
on getting a scarb god
i was thinking of buying the liege cycle from shadowmore or the Spirit Avatar   
Any advice or constructive criticism are welcome

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] God Squad
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 04:35:08 pm »
First off, you'll probably want Captain Sisay. She'll let you search for a god each turn. Next, you need color fixing. Chromatic Lantern, Commander's sphere, Darksteel Ingot, Mirrodin's Core and Exotic Orchard make good starting point. You can also use Blood Sun to ensure that your lands enter untapped (it also gets rid of the ability that causes you to return a land to your hand).

I'm not seeing many boardwipes. All of your gods (aside from Karona) have indestructible, so don't be afraid of using mass destruction.

Lastly, there are a couple of card choices that confuse me. Namely Aegis of the Gods, Sphinx's Tutelage, Summer Bloom,  and Arjun the Shifting Flame. Could you explain why you chose these cards?

Xragion

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 08:06:18 am »
Mirrodin's Core and Exotic Orchard make good starting point. You can also use Blood Sun to ensure that your lands enter untapped (it also gets rid of the ability that causes you to return a land to your hand).

I'm not seeing many boardwipes. All of your gods (aside from Karona) have indestructible, so don't be afraid of using mass destruction.

Lastly, there are a couple of card choices that confuse me. Namely Aegis of the Gods, Sphinx's Tutelage, Summer Bloom,  and Arjun the Shifting Flame. Could you explain why you chose these cards?
[/quote]

Thanks for the reply; i didn't know blood sun stopped my bounce lands from bouncing or about mirrodin's core and as soon as i get some income coming in ill invest into some better board wipes as for Aegis of the gods is a meta call i'm usually the "target player". Sphinx's Tutelage I'd like to think is a alternate win-con summer bloom is for all the bounce lands. i wanted to try an idea using Arjun to cycling through my deck. I heard the idea that draw-power = win-power so i'd like to put that theory to the test 
I've been playing with the deck for a while and i haven't found a consistent way to win, i usually end up durdling for a few turns people thinking my board is scary and focus me.
Note: I like the interaction between Temples, Sultai ascendancy with Into the Wilds, Sunbird's Invocation and Maelstrom Nexus.
i feel like there's a thing their and i think it's the amount of information im getting from the cards noted above and i'd like to capitalize on it.
i've been thinking about adding Telepathy for a bit of misdirection and subterfuge. Thoughts?

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 11:36:43 pm »
Sphinx's Tutelage make for a very poor win-con on it's own. I wouldn't bother with telepathy in this deck. You don't really have much instant speed removal and interaction. Wait... hold up. This deck barely has any interaction. End Hostilities, The Scorpion God, Keranos, God of Storms, and Mogis, God of Slaughter are the only cards capable of removing creatures. There is no artifact destruction, no enchantment destruction, no counterspells... there aren't instants of any kind.

So even if you can see what your opponents have, you have no way of stopping it.

This also might be why you get targeted; you're a pretty easy target that looks threatening. Without any interaction, you're sitting in the corner, at your opponent's mercy.

So let's change that. First, some cards you can get rid of. Atheros, God of Passage should be the first removed. His ability is kinda useless in a deck with mostly indestructible creatures, and people are usually willing to pay the 3 life. Bontu can go next. Her ability is not worth sacrificing one of your gods. Pharika has limited use, but maybe you have her in there for a reason. Purphoros likely doesn't do much in this deck (most of the time, the gods will enter as enchantments, not creatures).

Next, I think you have too many lands, and not enough ramp. Summer Bloom, Ghirapur Orrery, Into the Wilds and Future Sight can all be replaced with Chromatic Lantern, Fellwar Stone, Commander's Sphere, and Birds of Paradise. These cards are lower cost, and will allow you to get your gods out sooner. You should also drop the land count from 44 to at least 40 (I would go as low as 37, but that's just me).

This should give you plenty of extra spots for interaction. The stuff that stops you from getting targeted (Sphere of Safety, Propaganda, Lightmine Field), creature removal (Swords to Plowshares, Reality Shift, Go for the Throat, Fall of the Hammer), artifact/enchantment removal (Nature's Claim, Abrade, Disenchant) and boardwipes (Blasphemous Act, Wrath of God, Cyclonic Rift).

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 11:39:14 pm »
I'm the master of ramp o.o I play 28 lands. Check out my Yidris deck for almost every good ramp spell
Nils is the God I worship

Xragion

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2020, 10:16:37 am »

Revision 3

Added/removed cards:
-1 Aegis of the Gods
-1 Archetype of Aggression
-1 Archetype of Courage
-1 Bant Charm
-1 Cancel