deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Grenzo, Goblin Toilet Commander--He shits em' out!  (Read 1283 times)

Soren841

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Grenzo, Goblin Toilet Commander--He shits em' out!
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2018, 09:30:06 pm »
2 color decks have 7 fetches in their colors..
Nils is the God I worship

crimsonking

• Decks
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2018, 10:03:11 pm »
I know, I'm only saying that if for instance a fetchland can search for a Forest, I choose not to put it because Forests are out of Grenzo's color identity.
The only exception has been The Gitrog Monster's deck and, now that I think of it, I use the Panorama fetches from Alara in enemy-color decks.
As I said, that's my personal choice, although I know that many other people do the same.

SamsWrath

• Decks
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2018, 10:34:55 pm »
Soren841, what about slow fetches? There are only 7 lands that are turn 1 fecthes for a 2 color deck but, there are more than 7 total fetch lands that will work in a 2 color deck. Thawing Glaciers is a fetch that is usable every other turn because it always returns to your hand. Rocky Tar Pit, Bad River & Mountain Valley come into play tapped but, search for a Swamp/Mountain the next turn and that land comes into play untapped. There's also Terramorphic Expanse which can fetch any basic same as Thawing Glaciers.
The acronym LGS always confuses me. Are we talking about the Local Game Shop or Local Gun Shop? Thankfully, I have a nearby strip-mall with both!

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2018, 10:57:20 pm »
Tapped fetches are bad dont run them

SamsWrath

• Decks
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2018, 11:37:25 pm »
Soren, They work well in Commander, especially in Commander leagues that have point systems. If I was building a turn 2 combo commander deck I wouldn't run them. However, this deck is designed to be fair and to be played in a league with rules that prohibit excess combo, excess card drawing, excess land destruction, excess searching (excluding land searches).

Also, have you ever played against a commander deck that pops off turn 1 or 2? It isn't fun. If i want to loose with ZERO interaction on turn 1 or turn 2 I'll play Legacy. Commander decks that operate that way are abusing the format.
The acronym LGS always confuses me. Are we talking about the Local Game Shop or Local Gun Shop? Thankfully, I have a nearby strip-mall with both!

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2018, 12:03:07 am »
Fast combo decks cant consistently combo until turn 3, and they don't run no interaction. Interaction is very important in tier edh

Loggiu

• Decks
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2018, 12:06:50 am »
Sphinx sphinx everywhere, on the table and under the chair

SamsWrath

• Decks
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2018, 09:49:40 pm »
I'm not sure how Soren841 is a, "Hero Member" because his comments are the only useless comments in this thread. The guy only wants to argue that his suggestions are best.

Soren841, just because you're a loud mouth (you post a lot) doesn't make you right.

Ohhh, and you must play against some piss-poor commander combo because I have friends with decks that consistently go off turn 2 and can win with ZERO interaction.

Soren841, feel free to not comment here anymore because you're not helpful.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2018, 10:04:32 pm »
I'm sorry that you feel the need to be disrespectful. I will be having a nice conversation with Nils about you. If they run 0 interaction they would lose at a real competitive pod because, like I said, competitive decks do run interaction. And I would love to see the decklists that "consistently" go off turn 2. I dont just post a lot, I play a lot, I make a lot of decks, I just Magic a lot. Please if you have nothing helpful to say then don't say anything at all because people like you bring the rest of us all down.

SamsWrath

• Decks
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2018, 10:33:39 pm »
You've been nothing but, unhelpful and argumentative. Please, stay out of my thread.

Here are some examples of your argumentative comments and lack of considering the deck's mechanics when posting:
1) "Thran Turbine is in no way better than Chrome Mox"
2) "Why use either when u can cast down or damnation"
3) "2 color decks have 7 fetches in their colors.."
4) "Tapped fetches are bad dont run them"
5) "Fast combo decks cant consistently combo until turn 3, and they don't run no interaction. Interaction is very important in tier edh"

Now that your feelings are hurt, because I called you out on your argumentative/unhelpful comments, I see you're gonna run off and cry to a mod. Okay bud. How very Snowflake of you!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 10:39:02 pm by SamsWrath »

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2018, 11:08:34 pm »
Actually you are being very disrespectful and all of my comments are technically correct, while all yours are useless.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2018, 03:20:00 am »
And now you spam downvote my posts. Please grow up.

SamsWrath

• Decks
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2018, 04:30:52 am »
It actually wasn't me spamming the downvotes but, since you accuse me of it I made it so.

SamsWrath

• Decks
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2018, 04:57:43 am »
"Please if you have nothing helpful to say then don't say anything at all because people like you bring the rest of us all down."
^Probably one of the MOST hypocritical comments I've ever read. LMFAO!

Nabantius

• There is always a greater power.
  • Decks
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2018, 03:22:32 am »
Wow I've never see something like this, this is a really big issue, but i feel like Samswrath is mostly right magic the gathering is a great game that helps us celebrate individualism i mean MTG has an entire and still growing spellbook where we can put together and combine with whatever we think is best and decks also evolve from time to time that's why we have now commander, legacy, modern, standard, ect. If Samswrath theory is good enough and serves it's purpose there is no argument in there because for him is working and does what he wanted to do. Every body should remember that this site is to learn from others and also help if needed understanding is key remember that is your logic against many people logic.
Nabantius