deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Eldrazi Tron  (Read 255 times)

HaloMan247

• Decks
[Modern] Eldrazi Tron
« on: April 22, 2018, 08:05:16 pm »

burn your face

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Eldrazi Tron
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 10:01:05 pm »
Eye of ugin isn't modern legal. I would play four thought-knot seer, and four chalice. Maybe cut the endless ones, and maybe a warping wail.

HaloMan247

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 03:05:02 am »
Thank you for the advice! This deck still needs a ton of work. Thinking about making it a legacy deck with four of Ancient Tombs and Wastelands to replace the Shrines and Ghost Quarter. Why remove Endless One? Is it to slow?

burn your face

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 03:39:14 am »
Yes. It seems a little slow for this deck. While it is great when you have a tun of mana, it just doesn't have the same value as cards like matter reshaper, and thought-knot seer. The legacy idea is cool, legacy eldrazi is super sweet. Good luck.

burn your face

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 03:42:31 am »
If you do go for a legacy deck, it might be a good idea to cut the tron lands and play 4 eye of ugin, 4 eldrazi temple, and 4 ancient tomb.

HaloMan247

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 03:22:50 pm »
Makes sense. Why run four Eyes? Doesn't the legend rule come into effect? What if I ran three tombs, two city of traitors and two-three wastelands? I wana throw one of Karn Liberated for turn three tron. I'm worried turn three tron is to slow for legacy.

burn your face

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2018, 03:50:04 pm »
Eye is your best land. While it does hurt to draw more than one, I think it is worth it. Because eye is so good, there is also a good chance it will get wastelanded. As for turn three tron, I don't think it is too slow. Legacy is often slower than modern. The problem I see with karn is that in legacy there are a bunch of free counterspells.

ladof

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2018, 09:10:10 pm »
If you're going legacy, Tron is bad. It's too slow. 4 Eyes is so you have a better chance of having one early. If you are going legacy and are running Eye of Ugin, run Eldrazi Mimic. Because then if you start with any mimics and an Eye, the Mimics are free. Then you can turn 2 drop a city/tomb and drop a Thought-knot seer and have your mimics become 4/4s.

If you're staying modern, Etron is good, but as noted, Eye is not legal. 4 Thought-knot seer, 4 reality smasher and 4 matter reshaper are the usual suspects for creatures, with a ulamog, the ceasless hunger. 3 all is dust is excessive, but you can run 2 karn liberated and an ugin, the spirit dragon and get very good value out of them.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

HaloMan247

• Decks

HaloMan247

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2018, 04:11:22 pm »
I like the mimic idea. What should I cut to run a full playset? Would emrakul be an okay fit in this deck?

HaloMan247

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2018, 04:20:20 pm »

Revision 7

Added/removed cards:
+4 Eldrazi Mimic

Changed amounts:
-1 (Main) +2 (SB) All Is Dust
-3 Wasteland
-2 (SB) Relic of Progenitus