deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: (FEEDBACK NEEDED! READ DESCRIPTION) Ramp and Buff Deck - Comments  (Read 195 times)

Comment Bot

(FEEDBACK NEEDED! READ DESCRIPTION) Ramp and Buff Deck

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
Re: (FEEDBACK NEEDED! READ DESCRIPTION) Ramp and Buff Deck - Comments
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 11:44:33 pm »
I reckon you need to remove, rather than add any cards, especially your mainboard. You should have around 60 cards, ideally.
This is because you are less likely to draw into specific cards, and as you have 1/2 of any card it makes it less likely to draw into a card you want.

I suggest taking out the larger creatures, as you have spells that increase the size of your smaller creatures.

So: Axebane Stag, Cowl Prowler, Spined Wurm, Quilled Slagwurm, Peema Outrider, Stampeding Elk Herd and the Snake of the Golden Grove. (7 cards)

You have more elves, you could just make an elf deck. There are elves that have good synergy with each other. (Marwyn, the Nurturer) - example

TheWakaEmu117

• #BringBackStorm
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 12:17:42 am »
I agree with Mnemosyne you need to remove cards more than add any. I think going with an all in elves stratagey is a good idea. Build around using Marwyn, the Nurturer and play a lot of low cost elves that generate mana, and then pump spells like strengthen the pack, overrun, ect. and see how that works for you. Ezuri is a great addition to any elf deck so you may want to look into that although he's kinda pricey

Hoped this helped!
I can't even read

DatCowThough

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 01:10:42 am »
Thank you for responding!!!

I agree that I need to take out cards more than add, I think that I could also replace some cards that aren't the best in a ramp deck.  I have used this deck many times and I don't think that it is that bad and I of want to keep the ramp idea, but I could make a whole new elf deck.  My current strategy with this deck it to get lands quickly, place creatures, and buff them, and I think that idea turned out well, especially being made from leftover cards.  If I did make an elf deck, I would probably center it on Marwyn, the Nurturer, (Possibly enchanted with Forced Adaptation) as it seems like a very good card.  Could you make or find me a decklist of a good elf deck, (Preferably one with Marwyn, the Nurturer in it) it would be really appreciated.
Thank you for your feedback and responses

If anyone has time, could you check out my other deck, https://deckstats.net/decks/106206/968456--feedback-needed-read-descript, it is a dragon ramp deck.

MilMaster

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 09:57:07 am »
DaCowThough,

okay, so there is a lot of things that you could change in your ramp deck. The "problem" is ... for (almost) every card you have in that deck there are better alternatives. Now I get the idea of making a deck with the cards you own and try to make it work... (I ended up with a ramp deck in the same way and it does pretty decent).

About the ramp:
While it is a good idea (especially in green) to go with "get mana faster than other ppl and finish with big guys" this deck does not contain much synergy.
It feels a bit like you just put in random green cards that were laying around and hoping for the best.... For example if you want to use centaur battlemaster you should maybe consider having the whole deck revolt around him. His ability is pretty decent. For 5 mana he comes into play pretty fast and he'll snowball way too fast.

So i would suggest the following:

Take out:
axebane stag, bond bettle (won't trigger the centaur), cowl prowler, druid's familiar, cowl Prowler, spined wurm and so on...
(take out basically everything that does not help you getting the centaur out faster or make him stronger

Put it:
blossoming defense, rancor, giant growth.... stuff like that!

I know this would kinda ruin your deck idea but if you really wanna go ramp/big you need to think this all over.

Put in more mana generators (and better ones!) use elvish mystic instead of golden hind for example. And try to get some "bigger" threats... your creatures that are in it right now are just too basic.

They don't have effects nor do they really do damage - any good tribal will have stronger creatures, any rush down deck will shit you on turn 4 and any control deck... well how will you remove enchantments or artifacts that kill your game?

I could go on about this all day but I doubt that makes any sense.

Maybe you can DM me or get in touch if you want me to explain in detail

Regards
Milmaster

MilMaster

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 10:00:17 am »
About the elves deck:

https://deckstats.net/decks/14801/975294-green-elves-i-mean-you-can-be-/de

I have included above a link to the ELV deck I created just a few days ago.

You can add Marwyn, the nurtuner if you like but I feel like he is not needed :)

This is - in my opinion how a good elf deck should look :)

Keep in mind though - this is not modern legal and is mostly used for kitchen table....

also if your friends decks look like the one you have here they'll probably be a bit surpised if you play that deck :)

Regards
MIlmaster

DatCowThough

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2018, 06:35:28 am »
Thank you for all your help, if you have time can you please check out my other deck that needs assistance?  It is a red-green dragon ramp deck.  (https://bit.ly/2Kl0lKb) Thanks!