deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Boros Mean Stuff  (Read 307 times)

Warden of Silence

• Weeb, comic nerd, theater geek, also hella cute
  • Decks
[EDH / Commander] Boros Mean Stuff
« on: May 16, 2018, 03:30:55 am »
Boros Bad Stuff

So today I decided to build a Boros EDH deck just to see what I would do with the colors. The basic idea is to screw over opponents and make them want to avoid attacking me.

While I don't own this deck in real life, I tried to keep it reasonably priced on the chance I end up making it, so things like original dual lands, fast mana enablers, and other powerful but expensive cards weren't included.

In addition, I did not spend a lot of time building this deck (on and off over two hours) using cards I'm not as familiar with (Mainly play B and U) and haven't spent time looking at possible hands and statistics and making sure its diverse enough or too thinly spread. So I know things are going to be sloppy here.

I would appreciate any suggestions anyone may have.
Symmetrical effects are fair.

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Boros Mean Stuff
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 04:26:43 am »
Here are some surprises that I like to have in Boros decks:

Mana Tithe, Lapse of Certainty - people rarely expect white counterspells
Red Elemental Blast, Pyroblast - ditto for these; especially useful against blue counterspells.
Fork, Reverberate, Dualcaster Mage - Copying spells can be equally surprising.  Remember, the copy resolves first.  (Cool story, I once had an opponent with Mycosynth Lattice on the field.  He cast Hurkyl's Recall targeting another player.  I cast Dualcaster Mage, copying the Hurkyl's Recall and then targeting him with it.  All his stuff bounced.  Only the other player's true artifacts bounced.  Very fun!)

Happy Brewing!  :)
Happy Brewing!
:)

Warden of Silence

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 04:44:14 am »
Thanks for the suggestions!

White counterspells would be nice. Lapse of Certainty especially for making them draw the same card again. That's never fun (unless you make someone do it).

The blasts I've completely forgotten about but would be some good utility to have.

Copying spells seems like a great tool to have in this deck for having fun and being annoying. I love it!

ladof

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 02:28:47 pm »
Any thought to the buy-a-box promo from dominaria, Firesong and Sunspeaker? Seems like it would be good in the deck.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Warden of Silence

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 02:24:31 am »
I've considered it. If I were to include it, I think I would have to add in a lot of damage spells, which would change the style of the deck to something else. However, it's a good card to consider in future builds.