deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Wizard Burn  (Read 266 times)

Jaster555

• Decks
[Standard] Wizard Burn
« on: May 18, 2018, 07:22:02 pm »

Jaster555

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Wizard Burn
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 07:54:29 pm »

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 09:46:19 pm »
I would definitely include Sorcerer's Wand in a wizard burn deck.  Repeatable shock to players or planeswalkers that you can use every turn (or more if you bounce between wizards).  Also, Magma Spray better than shock.

mtg47

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 08:20:18 am »
I would actually strongly advise against running Sorcerer's Wand, even in Sideboard. Any mono-red deck should be as fast as possible, and a three mana equip cost doesn't cut it. Tapping your wizards is also not what you want to do unless you're attacking with them. Ghitu Lavarunner, Soul-Scar Mage, and Burning-Fist Minotaur are best when they are swinging in instead of pinging, especially since they can only ping creatures or planeswalkers.

And while Magma Spray is definitely a good sideboard option, I wouldn't say it's better than Shock in the Mainboard. Again, this deck should be aggressive and spell-slinging. With Magma Spray, you may or may not have a good target for it. Shock, however, always has a target: your opponent. If you want a prowess trigger off of Soul-Scar Mage or to give Ghitu Lavarunner its boost, you don't want to wait for a creature; you want to deal two damage and swing in for some more.