deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Torgaar Fling (Torgaar Burn) - Comments  (Read 605 times)

Comment Bot

Torgaar Fling (Torgaar Burn) - Comments
« on: May 23, 2018, 09:56:13 pm »
Torgaar Fling (Torgaar Burn)

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

nifty129

Re: Torgaar Fling (Torgaar Burn) - Comments
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 09:56:16 pm »
Really cool high roll list. You draw torgaar you win, if you don't you loose.

mountkarma

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 11:04:59 pm »
@nifty129 Thank you!  Yeah pretty much.  You're only other way is to use Ammit or harvester to get in damage and protect until you get the Torgaar.  If you have a bloodlust you could T3 swing for 5 with Ammit.  Or use Harvesters energy to get a few life back. 

Absolumx

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 09:59:22 pm »

Absolumx

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 10:05:24 pm »
i would also try to get 1 liliana majesty to be able to bring back torgaar if need be and help vs ctrl match up

mountkarma

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 10:46:37 pm »
@absolumx Good call, I completely forgot about Supernatural Stamina.  The Liliana makes a lot of sense.   I made both changes, thanks!

Absolumx

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 03:17:28 am »
Would you be willing to use unlicensed disintegration vs murder give you that 3 dmg if you have a bookcase out. and ia there a reason you dont play scrapheap scrounger ?

Absolumx

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 03:24:25 am »
you can recur the scrounger and have him to thud for 3 if you have a second one and it synergized with unlicensed. maybe cut 1 zealot 1 seeker and a motivator or instigator ? for a x3 scraphead ... its also a better with bookcase if you dont get you big stuff out deal more dmg

Absolumx

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2018, 03:35:36 am »
also if you going with the unlicensed and you vs aggro i would maybe swap 2x aethersphere harvester vs chainwirler. I think if you bring it game 2 you have better chance to deal dmg in the air and also gains you life a d all your 1 and 2 drop can crew instead of being just chompblocker.

mountkarma

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2018, 04:38:57 pm »
@Absolumx
Okay I made 2 more changes.  (Considering the Scrounger) : Unlicensed Disintegration for Murder.  Aethersphere for Chainwirler. 

Unlic. will add yet another burn finisher on top of the kill spell.  That is perfect for this deck.  I was contemplating removing the chainwirler earlier, getting 3 red mana could on its own be a big hindrance.  I replaced them for the Aethersphere's.  I used to play 2 Aether' in the prior Fling build.

I've considered using scrapheap in the past and the reason why I haven't is because in the 2 drop slot Seekers and Dusk both provide important digging to find our big threats or that Thud.  In testing having 1-2 extra card draws has been the difference between a T4 Torgaar and a T6. 
I'm going to think about it more, 2-3 might be the right call with the recent M19 changes to the deck (It's become a lot more powerful with the alt win cons). With that said the deck probably doesn't need 4 Bookcases.  The only area where I think scrapheap kind of lacks in this deck is that we don't really need to attack in the first turns because a Torgaar will negate damage.  Of course if we aren't pulling Torgaar for some reason then going the beatdown route of Goblin Motivator > Scrapheap > Ammit > Demon could be a really powerful line of play.

mountkarma

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2018, 09:08:53 pm »
@Absolumx >>> brought in scrapheap.. it makes sense.  if you sac to torgaar you can easily bring back as you'll have more creature fuel in your graveyard.  if you go alt beatdown route hes great and if you have an extra copy of thud he's a 3 point damage finisher.  Good synergy with unlicensed, aethersphere.  Only drawback is losing some digging.  Thanks!

Here's an ideal alt play line with scrapheap.  Creatures attacking with haste each turn.
T1 - Goblin Motivator
T2 - Scrapheap (-3) = opponent 17
T3 - Ammit Eternal (-5) (-3) = opponent 9
T4  - Demon of Catastrophes (-6) (-5) (-3) = opponent -5
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 09:25:28 pm by mountkarma »

Absolumx

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2018, 04:46:54 am »
so went to my FnM finished 8.

Went 2 and 2. Never got the full combo kill online. lost vs 2 red aggro deck. we are very bad vs Chain W especially on the draw. The harvesters were very helpful. I was also not supper impress by admit eternal. i might try to switch for lathnu hellion or 2 additional demon of catastrophe. still also on the fence for thud vs fling i found that the instant speed was required and i miss many opportunity because of it. I will completely remove the 2 supernatural stamina i found it was to situational. i might also consider rekindling Phoenix as its a nice sac as well if you can haste it it amazing. as he come back for free if your token stick around and you can fling end step on opponent end step and get it back right away  . maybe a 2x.
Also might just go with 3 fling and 2 or 3 torgarr as it felt to linear and very easy to disturb. also removing 1 bookcase to keep only 2

mountkarma

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2018, 12:56:52 am »
Hey, not bad.  I had slightly better luck and went 3-1 at my FNM.  Not all of my games were vs tier 1 decks however.  Chainwirler is a killer though, it sucks that it's so prevalent atm.  I've had the same debate about thud vs fling.  1 mana is the difference between a T3 play but I also recognize that you need a pretty much perfect hand to make that happen.  In the previous build's I ran fling.  Rekindling Pheonix could be a good call to replace Ammit.. if the opponent casts a lot of spells he can really get crushed.  If you play him on T3 with a motivator hes amazing or if you need 3 damage and he's on the board he can be a finisher, other than that though he can get punished fast if our opponent cast 2-3 spells.

mountkarma

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2018, 06:11:47 pm »
I'm surprised you weren't able to pull off the combo though. Was it disrupted or just you didn't pull both thud and Torgaar?

mountkarma

• Decks
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2018, 04:02:39 pm »
Swapping in 2 aethersphere harvester for ammit and 2 unlicensed dis. for supernatural stamina I've found works well.  More damage in the air, some life gain to help hold out until the combo, more artifacts to work with unlicensed.  Still the meat of the sac outlets (instigator, motivator, dusk legion) are all vulnerable to chainwirler... unfortunately that is the standard landscape right now.  I think other than that the deck has performed well despite being fringe, seeing the shock on an opponent when you drop 17 damage all at once or 20 makes it all worth it.  The best is that even against life gain torgaar resets them back to 10!