deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] White Leyline Tokens  (Read 282 times)

Arex11

• Decks
[Modern] White Leyline Tokens
« on: June 05, 2018, 05:31:08 pm »
White Leyline Tokens

Pump out tokens and anthems then go wide! :D Brave the elements and Path to Exile to ensure nothing stands in the way or to provide some protection.

naked

• Decks
Re: [Modern] White Leyline Tokens
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 04:51:29 am »
Looks pretty sweet !

I know your strategy is to go wide, but do you think blood artist would make the deck a little more versatile ?

let me know
Naked

Arex11

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 07:06:55 am »
Hey cheers!

Yeah it's a pretty simple go wide strategy, and can die to board wipes. It can be fast enough to come back from them though too.

I can see why you ask about Blood Artist and that ability could be nice for sure. But a lot of the cards revolve around tokens, and besides Doomed Traveller I always want to draw into token cards/generators to keep the pressure on.

Maybe in a B/W Tokens build of this he'd do well?

Haakon21

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 07:42:13 am »
Hi,
For the sideboard, I usually play auriok champion, it buys a lot of time against birn strategy.
Also main deck I usually play 2 copies of Sorin, solemn visitor. His +1 is really strong with a go wide strategy, and again buys a lot of time against agro and burn. His -2 can help after a board wipe too.
I usually play 2 copies of vault of the archangel, Lifelink and Deathtouch can reverse the fame too.

Arex11

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 04:55:12 pm »
Wicked! I like the idea of Sorin, Solemn Visitor and Auriok Champion actually. I'll look at adding those for sure! Does Vault of the Archangel ever screw your mananbase with the colourless?

Haakon21

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 07:27:43 am »
Vault of the archangel has almost never been an issue, but I do play a little more land than you (21) and 4 of them are marsh flats, with 4 godless shrine.

Arex11

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 05:05:36 pm »
Marsh Flats would be sweet to thin out the deck too and Godless Shrine is just as handy. Adding those could see this lean more toward BW Tokens though, where I'm trying to keep it Mono White with a hint of Black to pay for the flashbacks on the lingering souls and now a bit of help from Sorin :)

Arex11

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2018, 02:58:34 pm »
So i'm in the process of finishing getting the cards for this deck and I'm wondering if it ever misses having Fatal Push's and Inquisition at all? Obviously having those two cards basically make it a BW Token deck. But is this deck good enough without them? I'm building this deck anyway and also BW Tokens, so i'm fine either way, but in anyone's experience, does this deck need those cards at all? Or can this deck use those and still utilize Leyline of the Meek?