deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] UB Phenax Mill  (Read 625 times)

quailancer

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] UB Phenax Mill
« on: June 09, 2018, 10:30:33 pm »
UB Phenax Mill

Milling decks with Phenax. There are cards that cares about being untapped (Inspired), clones (deception), and using the graveyard, through recursion or caring about the size.

Notable cards/combos:
- Mindcrank + Duskmantle Guildmage:
- Phenax, God of Deception + Grimgrin, Corpse-Born + Undead Alchemist: Tap Grimgrin to mill using Phenax, and if any creature card is milled, Undead Alchemist produces zombies. Then I can sacrifice the zombie to untap Grimgrin to restart the process. This can potentially mill entire decks.
- Altar of the Brood + Undead Alchemist: Similar to combo above but no reliable way to continue the combo
- Tunnel Vision + opponent's Sol Ring: Everyone has a Sol Ring right? This is probably a safe card to name if I don't know their decks.

balu

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] UB Phenax Mill
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 11:09:22 pm »
Intruder Alarm fits perfect in your deck.
Talking about the "Inspired"-mechanic, you should consider Disciple of Deceit and Pain Seer.
To defend yourself, you could add Silent Arbiter, Crawlspace, Propaganda and stuff.

nickelphoenix

• Casual EDH player studying the ways of Witch-Maw.
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 03:30:46 pm »
This is awesome!! Agreed with previous comment. I feel it could use a couple of pillow fort pieces. But don't listen to me... I am biased. My stock roots are white and black. Protection and Defence tends to be engrained in a White player's psyche.

quailancer

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 03:30:13 am »
Thanks for the suggestions, balu! Wow, Intruder Alarm is perfect for my deck! I will consider adding more defensive cards and playtest them.

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 06:00:37 am »
Don't forget Rooftop Storm, Gravecrawler and GrimGrin, Corpse-Born.  Infinite loop for GrimGrin to mill your opponents...

theewall200

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 04:43:14 pm »
You should put Hinder amd Spell Crumble in there since its a funny combo with Tunnel Vision

quailancer

• Decks

quailancer

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2019, 07:30:54 am »

Judaspriester

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2019, 02:19:11 pm »
Hmm.. replacing Dismal Backwater with Mind Stone or Fellwar Stone could speed up the deck a little.

With some more mana rocks you could also use the dramatic sceptre combo (Dramatic Reversal + Isochron Scepter) for endless (or al least alot) untaps.

Perplex could also be interesting. counterspell or tutor for another cmc 3 card (currently 19 potential targets).
You say Prison Cell, I hear 'Holiday'.

quailancer

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2019, 04:00:41 am »

Revision 6

Added/removed cards:
-2 Connive // Concoct
-1 Dragonlord Silumgar
-1 Jace's Mindseeker
-1 Treasure Cruise
+1 Into the Story
+1 Mystic Sanctuary
+1 Riddlekeeper
+1 Syr Konrad, the Grim
+1 Vizier of Tumbling Sands

Add three new cards from Throne of Eldraine: Syr Konrad, Mystic Sanctuary, and Into the Story. Syr Konrad is pairs well with Mindcrank but also another way to finish games through damage (by milling). Vizier of Tumbling Sands untaps another permanent, allowing me to ramp or to mill twice.