deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] U/G Fish  (Read 239 times)

Phantomboy116

• Decks
[Standard] U/G Fish
« on: June 13, 2018, 10:26:44 pm »
B/G Fish

i want to try to play tempo with it and using counter spells to stop the chainwhirlers. this is a work in progress please feel free to give me some advice
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 09:21:24 pm by Phantomboy116 »

ORCH1D

• Decks
Re: [Standard] B/G Fish
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 10:10:10 am »
This would be a U/G deck not a B/G deck: B/G means black and green. But aside from that, this looks like an interesting deck keep testing it.

Phantomboy116

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 05:08:51 pm »
thanks for the heads up and i will and i just noticed deeproot waters triggers deeproot elite twice if panharmonican wasn't rotating out it would have been good to have

Phantomboy116

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 05:09:24 pm »

MTGArenaRun

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 06:09:27 pm »
19 lands are awfully low, considering that your only mana acceleration is from Song of Freyalise. 23 is the lowest I am willing to take it.

IMO...
- Opt is definitely a card that is either in the main deck or not at all.
- Probably at least one copy of Kumena, Tyrant of Orazca.
- More Silvergill Adepts and Deeproot Elites.
- Deeproot Waters feels counter-intuitive if you are worried about Goblin Chainwhirler.
- Hieroglyphic Illumination instead of Divination. Worst-case scenario, it cycles.
- Blink of an Eye over Expel from Orazca.
- Swift Warden is functionally a counterspell.

One weakness of counterspells is that you always have to leave mana up. If you are leaving mana up, you aren't playing threats. If you deal with one threat, you might not have enough mana to counter the next threat. If you are just answering threats with counters, you aren't threatening anything, either.

MonteTribal

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 08:44:09 pm »
Chart a Course > Divination in an aggro deck

Phantomboy116

• Decks

MTGArenaRun

• Decks
Re: [Standard] U/G Fish
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2018, 04:21:01 pm »
Looks a lot better. Still slightly nervous about the lands, but considering that your spells cost 3 at the most... if a deck can get away with 21, this might.

Montetribal's Chart a Course is a good suggestion. You do have the unblockable creatures to support it.

If you can experiment, try Supreme Will over Cancel. If your opponent doesn't play anything worth countering and you don't have a Swift Warden, Supreme Will gives you something to do...(Admiral's Order is okay. Disallow is better than Cancel, but I am assuming budgetary or the impending rotation is a consideration.)

Phantomboy116

• Decks
Re: [Standard] U/G Fish
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2018, 05:06:13 pm »
yea im building the deck for when the rotation happens so i don't have to replace some cards but if m19 prints any better merfolk like a reprint of True-Name Nemesis ill be sure to add it and thank you guys for the advice its helped a lot