deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] aggro vampire  (Read 381 times)

MagicVampire

• Decks
[Standard] aggro vampire
« on: June 16, 2018, 01:15:12 pm »
https://deckstats.net/decks/101812/903356-aggro-vampire?share_key=oGR4r0BpnwSWNIDK

The strategy of this deck is popular right from the outset by empowering creatures through spells that give counters and finish the game in a few turns. Advice on how to improve it are welcome :)

youaresprung

• Decks
Re: [Standard] aggro vampire
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 05:40:46 am »
Good Synergy here but your land count seems really low, especially with six 5-drops. I'd up it to 22 land minimum probably adding two white sources. Any cuts should be made at the higher end of your mana curve. Your one drop slot is already pretty well stocked for aggro but you may want to try one or two more copies of Legion's Landing as it gets a lot of value trough the rest of the game and is still a decent top deck if you don't see it until a few turns in. Even if it is legendary, you'll value the consistency of using it almost every match.

I can see you're making a budget build so I won't begrudge you the Walk the Plank s in the Sideboard ;) However, I would suggest some way to deal with artifacts, enchantments, and planeswalkers after they resolve. Maybe Cast Out, Fragmentize, Ixalan's Binding, or something of that nature.

Otherwise it looks like a fun build! I like using the Authority of the Consuls to make sure you get all those juicy attack triggers without losing your vamps to blockers. Not to mention the synergy with Seal Away! good stuff 8)

MagicVampire

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 01:57:41 pm »
Good Synergy here but your land count seems really low, especially with six 5-drops. I'd up it to 22 land minimum probably adding two white sources. Any cuts should be made at the higher end of your mana curve. Your one drop slot is already pretty well stocked for aggro but you may want to try one or two more copies of Legion's Landing as it gets a lot of value trough the rest of the game and is still a decent top deck if you don't see it until a few turns in. Even if it is legendary, you'll value the consistency of using it almost every match.

I can see you're making a budget build so I won't begrudge you the Walk the Plank s in the Sideboard ;) However, I would suggest some way to deal with artifacts, enchantments, and planeswalkers after they resolve. Maybe Cast Out, Fragmentize, Ixalan's Binding, or something of that nature.

Otherwise it looks like a fun build! I like using the Authority of the Consuls to make sure you get all those juicy attack triggers without losing your vamps to blockers. Not to mention the synergy with Seal Away! good stuff 8)

hello, thanks for the advice you give me and I really appreciate the fact that you like the deck :)
What do you suggest to go to remove to give space to other 2 lands? And do you think the lands I have are good or need to be retouched by adding some two-colored land like that of Dominaria?
Do you have to put the spells that you mentioned as cast out?
So I find it quite difficult to change the deck as they are all important cards :)
If you could give me a hand I'm grateful :) Thanks again :)

youaresprung

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 05:02:05 am »
Yeah it can be tough. I understand what it's like to have those "pet cards" you enjoy and want to see work in a deck. Without changing your deck too much, I'd say something more like this:

//Main
3 Authority of the Consuls
2 Champion of Dusk
4 Concealed Courtyard
3 Dusk Legion Zealot
1 Field of Ruin
3 Gifted Aetherborn
4 Legion Lieutenant
2 Legion's Landing
4 Martyr of Dusk
1 Mavren Fein, Dusk Apostle
8 Plains
3 Radiant Destiny
2 Sanctum Seeker
4 Seal Away
4 Skymarcher Aspirant
5 Swamp
4 Unclaimed Territory
3 Vicious Conquistador

//Sideboard
SB: 2 Cast Out
SB: 4 Duress
SB: 2 Fragmentize
SB: 1 Ixalan's Binding
SB: 1 Sentinel Totem
SB: 2 Sorcerous Spyglass
SB: 3 Vicious Offering

More consistency so you get what you need each game, lower the mana curve a little bit to keep a fast aggro strategy, and stock up the sideboard with cards you can swap in against troublesome match ups.