deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Deckstats collection manager updates  (Read 14287 times)

Nils

• Decks
Deckstats collection manager updates
« on: June 17, 2018, 11:40:05 pm »
The deckstats.net collection manager has been becoming increasingly popular. Thus, over the last few weeks, I have been coding up some improvements for it, which I have now finally released. I hope that these will make deckstats an even better tool for managing your collection!

In particular, you can now:

• Set a name for your collection and write a description text, which will be displayed to anyone viewing it
  • Specify the language and condition (near mint, played, etc) of cards in your collection
  • Add comments to cards
  • Duplicate cards in the collection manager
  • Select and edit multiple cards at the same time
  • (Already added a few weeks ago) Add cards to your collection using their collector number
  • (Already added a few weeks ago) Select whether your collection should be public or private

If you have suggestions for additional improvements, or if something is not working quite right, please let me know.

Todger

• Decks
Re: Deckstats collection manager updates
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 09:00:31 pm »
I'm new to this site so if there is a way to do this I would love to know. 

I'd like to be able to add a card to my collection from my deck list.  Maybe the ability to click on the column with the green check marks.  That way I can quickly assess what I need to buy.

akevit

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 08:34:20 pm »
Just in case you didn't know, under Deck Tools => Add cards to collection there are a few options:

• Select Only missing, this will add the delta of any cards missing from your collection, e.g. if you have 0 Spore Frogs in your collection and your deck has 1, it will add 1.  If you have 2 Counterspells in your collection and your deck uses 4, it will add 2.
  • Select 0 to zero out all the quantities to add, and then +1 the individual cards to add

And lastly, not what you were asking for, but you can also choose Deck Tools => Missing cards and then you can quickly add the delta of all cards missing from your collection that are in your deck to a shopping cart on a few different sites.  This can get expensive :)

Polybivs

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2018, 07:18:43 pm »
It seems when I add cards to my collection, other cards that I haven't selected or clicked on get added to the list. Can you look into that?

vault713

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 05:37:22 am »
Would it be possible to make it so the comments on cards in a decklist, carry over when you add them to your collection? And vice versa? I "organize" where my cards are located physically by adding a comment on the card saying which deck it's in currently, but those comments don't transfer when I add them to a deck, nor if I make the deck first and try to add them to my collection. It's a bit of a pain essentially having to add everything twice (once to the collection and then again to build the decklist.)

Additionally, when adding cards from my collection to a decklist, the set designator of the card I own doesn't transfer either if it is a card that has ever been reprinted

Trivalde

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2018, 01:56:43 am »
Thanks for this great deckbuilding tool website!

I would very much like a feature where I can check which of the cards in my collection that are used and which are not used in the decks that I have submitted. Being able to find unused cards would be a great asset.

Cheers!

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2018, 02:27:41 am »
Can you edit the function where we search our decks so that we can search by card? For example type Academy Rector and return all of my decks with Academy Rector (plus any that may be named that)
Nils is the God I worship

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2019, 08:51:33 pm »
Can you edit the function where we search our decks so that we can search by card? For example type Academy Rector and return all of my decks with Academy Rector (plus any that may be named that)
That should already be possible - go to Deck Search and enter Academy Rector under "Deck contains". Then tick the box "Only show my own decks" and you should see a list of all your decks that play that card.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2019, 09:32:26 pm »
I see it, that's helpful. Also someone had suggestions for the site (there was a discussion about pros and cons because TappedOut no longer shares data with EDHREC). Most of his suggestions we already have and he didnt know, but I'll link it here in case you want to take a look.

Okay, I decided I was being more harsh than const...

https://www.reddit.com/r/EDH/comments/ab7231/request_use_deckstats_instead_of_tappedout_to/ecycxbl?utm_source=reddit-android

Hoender

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2019, 03:55:41 pm »
This site with its deck manager is simply amazing. I have taken the time and marked all the cards I own and started creating a couple of decks. I am not sure if this is in yet but deck search would be realy awesome if one could say return with decks that I have 100% cards or 80% or just a slider saying what is min and max % of decks people created which has the cards I have marked under my profile as "own". Really great site this keep it up!!!

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2019, 04:13:51 pm »
It exists and Nils can do it for you but if everyone could use it, it would lag the site.

Schlodz

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2019, 03:18:54 pm »
I hope this is the right place for a question like this:

Is there an option or some way so that when i am building decks, the number of cards in my collection updates with my decks? Say I have a Lord Windgrace EDH deck that i have added my only copy of Urborg to i would want the number when building another deck to show that i have that card in theory, but it is already in use by another deck.

Madnus

• Decks
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2019, 09:45:53 pm »
Could you add the "Custom sections" function from the deckbuilder to the collection manager?

Would be great for both keeping track of which binders they're in and to sort them into "Removal", "Mana rocks" etc.

And thanks for a great mtg site :-)

hans0lo

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2019, 07:33:36 am »
I hope this is the right place for a question like this:

Is there an option or some way so that when i am building decks, the number of cards in my collection updates with my decks? Say I have a Lord Windgrace EDH deck that i have added my only copy of Urborg to i would want the number when building another deck to show that i have that card in theory, but it is already in use by another deck.

I have a similar question. I added all cards contained in my decks into my collection. A friend of mine then looked at my collection and asked if he could have a card. That card was already in one of my decks.

Is there any way to show which of the cards in my collection are used and which are not?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 04:05:08 pm by hans0lo »

tap20

• Decks
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2019, 08:01:13 pm »
Is there a way to remove a bunch of cards from your collection en masse?

I recently added the same deck to my collection twice and am looking for a solution but thought that this functionality could also be useful if someone were to sell a bunch of cards or a deck?