deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Casual] No don't touch  (Read 360 times)

DaveT

• Decks
[Casual] No don't touch
« on: June 19, 2018, 06:14:13 am »
No don't touch

I'm new to mtg this is my first attempt at building a deck.  Any pointers would be greatly appreciated
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 07:00:39 am by DaveT »

dunbheagan

Re: [Casual] No don't touch
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 05:31:23 pm »
Hi, i am not a pro either, but here are my thoughts:
As a Counterdeck, you need more counters than your opponent has threats. I think you should lower your creature count and cut all equipment for more 1-Mana and 2-Mana Counterspells. I get the idea of unblockable creatures pumped with equipment, but that is not reliable enough imo, you always need two connecting cards for you plan. And the equipment cards you chose do too little for too much mana. Always remember, that cards are a limited and valueable resource. Equipments and Auras have to be VERY good to justifiy the second card you need, because they do nothing without a creatue.

Better try to find about 6 blue creatures for your deck, which can serve as a wincon for themself. First you totally have to control your opponent, then you beat him to death with something like a 3/2 Flier. I would recommend delver of secrets for that purpose. I think the deck you are thinking of, should have no less than 28 control cards like counters and removal, around 24 lands and max 8 Wincons. Hope my thoughts help you.

Enjoy your Deck and welcome to MTG!

DaveT

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 06:16:42 pm »
Thanks I really appreciate your feedback

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 06:55:17 pm »
Nils is the God I worship

dunbheagan

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 08:00:59 am »
You are welcome! Just a few more thoughts:

When you are in blue, you can always consider good cantrips like serum visions and Opt, which help you to get to the cards you need faster.

Also splashing white for efficient spot and mass removal might be a good idea, for everything that sneaks under your counters.

If you are interested in those kind of decks, you could also take a look at the new challenger Deck „Second Sun Control“ I have played against it and it works pretty well. Might be a good start to learn those kind of decks, and it is prized really fairly, like 25$.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/challenger-decks-lists-2018-02-23