deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: The Scarab God EDH - Comments  (Read 425 times)

Comment Bot

The Scarab God EDH - Comments
« on: June 21, 2018, 05:29:57 pm »
The Scarab God EDH

This topic has been created automatically to discuss this deck.
Dieses Thema wurde automatisch erstellt, um dieses Deck zu diskutieren.

Drgy

• Decks
Re: The Scarab God EDH - Comments
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 05:29:59 pm »
I think you should put more ramp cards into the deck. With a commander like Scarab God you almost can't get flooded.

Niftyness

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 02:27:06 am »
Funny you say that, I actually just recently removed a little ramp from the deck. The issue I have often have, is in my mid game, I start to run out of recursion options if I intend to go heavy on my scarab gods active ability which exiles my yard. I understand you could, and most likely should be targeting opponents creatures as well if they are indeed in the yard, but that is not always a valid option. Bottom line, I had simply too many rocks hitting the field. Zombies, are a slow, lumbering deck, at first.. and should be played as thus. You have to be able to utilize your scarab god, he often goes to your hand when he is removed, meaning no increase in cmc since he goes to your hand. Scarabs god scry/burn is absolutely silly, and should absolutely be your main focus when playing him, not his active. You should be sitting quite comfortable if you hit even a single rock, and load the field with zombies.

Niftyness

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 02:31:31 am »
In summary, I think focusing consistent synergy, slightly outweighs strong ramp in the early game, so that's what I changed.