deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] red green show (need help editing - first tournament tomorrow)  (Read 160 times)

prancreas

• Decks
red green show

Sooo this deck is supposed to be red green aggro. But I kind of have been sitting on it for a while and made it back when eldritch moon was standard legal and had to take out some stuff and throw some stuff in. I've been avoiding asking for help because I wanted to go into my first tournament with my own creation but I hadn't realized that eldritch moon and SOI stuff had gone out of legality and that shifted what I had available. Now this is not anywhere near finished, it's a bit of a mess and I don't really know what direction to go with it in.

I want to go get the Hazoret aggro deck from somewhere so I have some more cards to choose from but as far as individual cards go I'm pretty limited because anything I would buy I would buy online and it would take too long to get to me. I have some longtusk cubs and some greenbelt rampagers, I could make the deck around energy counters. I just want to know whats garbage and what has potential.

Soren841

• Decks
 Well you should cut down to 60 cards
Nils is the God I worship

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
You need to show us your collection, to give you any real advice on card selection. However, as Soren said, you should really cut your deck to 60. I suggest lowering the amount of land from 29 to 24/25 MAX, as you already have many ways of ramping (x4 Adventurous Impulse/Llanowar Elves/Servant of the Conduit, etc.)

In my opinion, making this Mono Green would be a better idea, as you don't need to fix mana - at the moment you can only really fix green mana.

To that end, you should have around 24 forests and then around 24 creatures, and the rest (12) instant/sorcery cards.

Keep the x4 Adventurous Impulse (1 CMC).

You want a number of 1 mana 2 mana 3 mana 4 mana 5 mana creatures.

Llanowar Elves (1 CMC) is good, Untamed Kavu (2 CMC) Lifecrafter's Bestiary/Grow from the Ashes (3 CMC) Nissa, Vital Force (5 CMC)

Replacement examples:
Merfolk Branchwalker (2 CMC)
Thrashing Brontodon (3 CMC) OR Deathgorge Scavenger (3 CMC)
For your 4 Mana (Territorial Allosaurus) - something like that
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 10:25:55 pm by Mnemosyne »

prancreas

• Decks
Thanks for the suggestions. It'l like, I don't really have a lot from the ixalan sets because I stopped buying many cards after the amonkhet block. So I guess maybe it's pointless to ask what should go in besides having a reference to go off of like some of the suggestions you made but i definitely could use some help knowing what is just trash in here.

CardAgain Sweater

• Decks
Thanks for the suggestions. It'l like, I don't really have a lot from the ixalan sets because I stopped buying many cards after the amonkhet block. So I guess maybe it's pointless to ask what should go in besides having a reference to go off of like some of the suggestions you made but i definitely could use some help knowing what is just trash in here.

If you have multiple copies of greenbelt rampager and longtusk cub, those 2 form a nice combo from Rhonas's Monument, since you mentioned having cards from Amonkhet and before, but not so much from Ixalan forward. You can continually pump creatures with the monument, casting the elephant over and over while having the cub eat the energy to ensure the elephant always returns to hand. (The elephant can also crew a vehicle after it enters the battlefield but before it bounces.) Narnam Renegade also pairs well with greenbelt rampager.

I would second Mnemosyne's thought of going mono green, unless you wanna spend $20-40 on color fixing. Mnemosyne's recommendation on creatures is spot on as well - merfolk branchwalker is deck thinning/scry and ends up as an aggressive 2 drop or puts a free land in your hand (the benefit of monocolor is never worrying about mana issues, unless you miss a land drop). Thrashing Brontodon is value just as a 3/4 creature, with the bonus of the naturalize activated ability. Rhonas, llanowar elves, steel leaf champion, verdurous gearhulk all excellent for mono green. Resilient Khenra.

Monocolor also let's you play one or two field of ruin / scavanger grounds, as well as play with the deserts from Amonkhet block. Hashep Oasis can help get that last little bit of damage through and cycling lands are nice in a pinch.

Green instants I'd play or put in sideboard: blossoming defense, naturalize, ancient animus / pounce, plummet, heroic intervention.

Lifecrafter's bestiary is good sideboard against control, as is wildest dreams. Prowling Serpopard against control always gets a groan from opponent.
http://deck.tk/1PJd2YnD - Krokodil; my favorite Standard deck which focuses on -1/-1 counter synergy; currently illegal due to ban on attune. I'm brewing a post ban version...

Standard decks I'm trying:
http://deck.tk/4ixH1ndX - Mono G Monument
http://deck.tk/94QF5WSF - Booty Sac