deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tema: [Standard] Arcane Contract Combo  (Leído 682 veces)

Mister.Ri

• Decks
[Standard] Arcane Contract Combo
« en: Junio 29, 2018, 01:40:58 pm »
Arcane Contract Combo

Combo Deck to win with Arcane Adaptation and Liliana's Contract.

The shell to fit this combo that I am playing is a UB creature value shell. With '30' creatures and '8' different creature names, it gives us more chances to win with Liliana's Contract.

Champion of Wits, Dusk Legion Zealot and Glint-Sleeve Siphoner offer value to dig deep into our deck to find our combo.

The rest of our creatures form our defence. We have Kitesail Freebooter, Hostage Taker and Ravenous Chupacabra to disrupt our opponent and Gifted Aetherborn and Aethersphere Harvester gives us good blockers and important lifelinkers.

Any comments and feedback are much appreciated!

CardAgain Sweater

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Arcane Contract Combo
« Respuesta #1 en: Junio 29, 2018, 08:08:15 pm »
Arcane Contract Combo

Combo Deck to win with Arcane Adaptation and Liliana's Contract.

The shell to fit this combo that I am playing is a UB creature value shell. With '30' creatures and '8' different creature names, it gives us more chances to win with Liliana's Contract.

Champion of Wits, Dusk Legion Zealot and Glint-Sleeve Siphoner offer value to dig deep into our deck to find our combo.

The rest of our creatures form our defence. We have Kitesail Freebooter, Hostage Taker and Ravenous Chupacabra to disrupt our opponent and Gifted Aetherborn and Aethersphere Harvester gives us good blockers and important lifelinkers.

Any comments and feedback are much appreciated!

I see you like this combo as I do. I like how you went with value creatures, each one giving a nice bonus; then using arcane adaptation to make them all demons. I went a different way, trying to make the most creatures in the cheapest way, but I don't get the etb value that you do from creatures pike kitesail freebooter, champion of wits, etc., or the nice keywords from creatures like gifted aetherborn.

I think your creature-heavy idea is more resilient in the games where it is a struggle to get both arcane adaptation and liliana's contract out together for the combo win - I went with more draw and interaction to both dig and keep me alive until I get the pieces together.

It's neat that identical combo decks can have multiple ways of 'getting there'; thanks for sharing your idea!
http://deck.tk/1PJd2YnD - Krokodil; my favorite Standard deck which focuses on -1/-1 counter synergy; currently illegal due to ban on attune. I'm brewing a post ban version...

Standard decks I'm trying:
http://deck.tk/4ixH1ndX - Mono G Monument
http://deck.tk/94QF5WSF - Booty Sac

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Respuesta #2 en: Junio 30, 2018, 09:04:44 am »
I as well was planning a deck using Liliana's Contract and U/B was the obvious deck build. Reason being is that your win con is the enchantment so you'll need protection for your enchantments so that board wipes and creatures that just destroy enchantments do not become a hindrance to you. I really do believe that playing counter spells will be the strong way to keep your deck alive. Also just a suggestion, why not add creatures that bring themselves back such as reassembling skeletons? It will literally bring itself back so in case anyone decides to play a cleansing nova and wipe your board you'll be working your back to completing your strategy. Also graveyard marshal and demon of catastrophes would be an interesting combo since you can remove what you don't need from the grave and sac the token for an actual demon that can do some damage. What are your thoughts?

Mister.Ri

• Decks
« Respuesta #3 en: Julio 02, 2018, 10:14:12 am »
Thank you CardAgain Sweater and G. Moto for your comments.

I played a lot of games over the weekend (cockatrice) and the deck is sweet! Although a bit slow (turn 7 or 8), I did actually combo almost all the games that I won. Definitely makes up for the games that I lost. Haha.

The fact that the combo are enchantment cards, these are already hard to remove. With all my card draw and filtering, getting the combo cards are also not difficult at all (since even Liliana's Contract dig 4 cards deeper too). What is actually harder is to have 4 creatures with different names and protecting them. That is why in my opinion playing non-creature spells as protection or diggers actually work against the combo. This is evident usually after sideboard as I have a lot of non-creature spells and when the combo is set up it is just a bit harder to get 4 creatures with different names on the board. Furthermore, there is the Plan B of beating down with creatures if the combo is not there, but all the creatures are small it was easier to stall the game and win with the combo.

MVP of the deck is surprisingly Champion of Wits, which early game filter for lands/removals or discard excess Arcane Adaptation. Late game draws you 4 cards deep to find combo cards.

Against aggro and midrange, most of my cards shine as the removal package and the lifelinkers do the hard work. Board stalls are great, and having card advantage to find the combo and just win.
Unfortunately lost all the games against control, which is very hard as they can board wipe and kill all the creature easily. Even though I have Kitesail Freebooter and also a turn 2 Glint-Sleeve Siphoner, the removals packing in a control deck is a bit much. By the time I have my combo enchantments, controls decks have already stabilised. After sideboard with negate and duress, it does not help that I have lesser creature counts. Maybe will try out reassembling skeleton as that might be good to recast from graveyard.

With regards to Graveyard Marshall, it is a bit too slow and Demon of Catastrophe in my opinion is best in an aggro shell or tokens or self sacrifice decks which I do not think my deck is. Also like to keep my curve low as I am playing only 22 lands, and the 4 drop slots are my 'removal' creatures.

All in all a fun deck, not tier 1 but definitely FNM worthy at your Local Game Store which will make heads turn and everyone talking about your deck.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Respuesta #4 en: Julio 05, 2018, 03:13:15 am »
What it definitely sounds like you put some work into the deck build and setup for this deck. Not going to lie control is a nuisance for any match-up, especially when you're trying to stabilize a board. So if graveyard recursion interests you would you consider adding Isareth the awakener then? She's not a demon but she can have a strong board presence in herself and she can bring back other creatures from your grave. If you're trying to keep the curve low then this can help with late game grave recursion if the game goes on for too long. It would be a good way to keep bringing back your ravenous chupacabra.

youaresprung

• Decks
« Respuesta #5 en: Julio 13, 2018, 01:53:44 am »
Awesome Combo! I think a little more focus on a back up win con would help you out. Arcane Adaptation is a dead card unless you are ready for the combo. You could include Scarab God and/or Death Baron to get value out of turning all creatures into zombies which benefits embalmed Champion of Wits as well. Unesh, Criosphinx Sovereign is a good option as well: Name Sphinxes and gain card advantage on every creature. Your card advantage in this deck is very real. I'd even say you could afford to cut Dusk Legion Zealot (don't wanna lose too much life since it will go to Liliana's Contract) and see how some counter magic or Merfolk Trickster work to give it some interaction.

Really cool idea, Good luck developing it.

Firegriff

• Decks
« Respuesta #6 en: Julio 13, 2018, 04:01:03 am »
I would like to suggest Dire Fleet Poisoner.  With flash, you can cast it on their end step when they think you will only have three creatures to immediately move to win.

Mister.Ri

• Decks
« Respuesta #7 en: Julio 13, 2018, 09:37:19 am »
Hey guys, your comments are not too far out from Saffron Olive's build.
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/against-the-odds-liliana-s-adaptation-standard

youaresprung

• Decks
« Respuesta #8 en: Julio 14, 2018, 12:34:43 am »
Good point about the Dire Fleet poisoner. Flash is actually really relevant when you are trying to win on the upkeep. I hadn't even considered that when recommending Merfolk Trickster.

I agree, SaffronOlive has an awesome list. Definitely worth watching the gameplay to see how this type of deck functions. SO MUCH CARD DRAW ;D