deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] U/G Lands  (Read 451 times)

Anthoniejf223

• Just an average magic player
  • Decks
[Standard] U/G Lands
« on: June 29, 2018, 09:02:39 pm »
U/G Lands

Land & enchantment based creature, and a few counter spells. Has nissa vital force to aid in winning. Also running 6 creatures, 3 wayward swordtooth to get extra land drops, as well as 3 ramunap excavator to keep your evolving wilds thinning your deck out, as well as popping deserts back on the field to sac/ for effects. Or just to keep making zombies. Also sylvan awakening with harvest season. with a lot of land fetching and searching. Main creatures are Hostile Desert and riddle form after that a decent amount of zombies.

side board has artifact and enchantment removal, along with some defense shutdown, and counterspells

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: [Standard] U/G Lands
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 10:07:54 am »
So i'm seeing that the majority of this deck us its land plays and creature animation from your lands, have you considered adding the blackblade reforged to this deck? It's something that would be right up your alley in this deck. Adding Tatyova benthic druid since just by playing lands you get card advantage and it'll be cheaper to equip with the blade. What do you think of this plan?

Anthoniejf223

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 10:43:49 am »
I like the idea behind both those cards, but I have played a version of this deck before and when I try to add stuff like that it begs down the plan. This deck is also un tested an anyway do to not having the cards myself. However it may work if you modify a few other cards.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 07:24:58 am »
If you wish you could always sideboard them and test it out later. But in my honest opinion drawing more cards and gaining life is a great way to get advantage over the opponent. Since the deck does turn lands into creatures would you consider adding herald of secret streams?

Anthoniejf223

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2018, 06:20:09 pm »
Orwell as I said you are able to try and it wouldn't be hard to make it work around. But this version of the deck has minimal creatures, and self mil to fuel the hostile deserts. Also adding the herald doesn't make sense do to this deck doesn't have any way to add +1/+1 counters.

bigdogdch

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2018, 06:37:21 pm »
I think adding Crucible of Worlds might be something to think about
Perpetual Timepiece might not be bad either

Anthoniejf223

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2018, 07:45:32 pm »
i forgot that crucible of worlds was being reprinted in m19, yes it would go in. and time piece is ok but i ran it before and it wasnt as helpful in current standard. however that might have changed now with the new sets.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2018, 03:25:35 am »
In the new set Dryad greenseeker might be something worth considering. IT can help you really speed through the deck and any cycling cards can get in your hand faster. Elvish rejuvenator may also assist in getting lands out faster as well. Any thoughts?

Anthoniejf223

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2018, 10:18:24 am »
the dryad greenseeker seems more ideal for this deck idea. as for elvish rejuenator is a little weaker for the deck, because if you hit any non good lands or hit any utility spells you lose then. also the deck run off of having as few creatures as possible.