deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Casual] R/B Discard  (Read 291 times)

Felicosantos

[Casual] R/B Discard
« on: July 04, 2018, 03:38:26 pm »
Hi, I recently saw the R/B Hollow One decklist on Channelfireball
and wanted to create a similar, but more budget friendly casual deck.

Maybe you could help me find some more fitting cards.

R/B Discard

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: [Casual] R/B Discard
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 04:04:53 am »
So my question is this, are you trying to make the deck more burn-centric or do you want to make it mostly creature based with aggro strategies? I know there is a good card in dominaria such as squee the immortal since he can come back from the grave or the beyond. Also if you add more madness cards and creatures that help you with your discard like mad prophet can help fuel your discard and wolf of devil's breach can help deal damage as you discard. Also pale rider of trostad can give you some good board presence and a easy discard. Other spells such as Alms of the vein and murderous compulsion can be good for this deck as well considering their low madness costs. Any thoughts or ideas?

Felicosantos

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 10:48:49 pm »
Woah, thx for the massive replay.
About your question, I think I would like to go with a creature based aggro strategy,
so adding squee the immortal seems like a great idea, that hadn't even come to my mind (would you take 2 copys or just one?).

Dont know about Alms of the vein if I'm really cutting out the Burn aspect of the deck.

Do you think that keeping in the Lightning Axe is still a good idea,
as it is a great spell for enabling my discard cycle and also keeping the opponents side clear in the early game.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 10:50:57 pm by Felicosantos »

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2018, 10:11:40 pm »
Lightning axe is worth keeping because 5 damage for 1 mana and a discard you want is great. Also sideboarding shadow of the grave in case you don't have your combo pieces ready.