deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tema: M19 Prerelease  (Leído 472 veces)

Firegriff

• Decks
M19 Prerelease
« en: Julio 09, 2018, 05:56:39 pm »
So how did everyone do?  I played 2HG with a friend (Team Name: Those Guys.  So far, we have won every time we have used that name).  He played RG Dragon Ramp, while I went Grixis.  I had 7 creatures total in the deck.  Two rounds we won because I played turn 3 Psychic Corrosion.  One due to army trampling the opponents (Prodigious Growth on Druid of the Cowl.  And the reason I went Grixis: Nicol Bolas 😀

DelverMage

• Decks
Re: M19 Prerelease
« Respuesta #1 en: Julio 10, 2018, 04:29:45 am »
My LGS has lighter participation on Sundays.  They also don't play out the top 8.  First and Second have the same prize pool, as does 3rd through 8th.

I went 3-0-1, drew for top 2.  I ended up second based on points.
I only had 2 rares in my deck and no bombs.  It was a White and Black creature deck with knights and some skeletons.  I did have Valiant Knight, and 3 other knights in the deck.  I also had Knightly Valor and Sigiled Sword of Valeron to create two more knights from my existing creature pool, not to mention they both generate knights as well.  My MVP though was Fell Specter.  I did quite a bit of damage with that card, plus my single Duress and single Mind Rot.

Nothing too fancy, but it worked well together, and  ran quite consistently.  The few games it didn't, I lost.

I thought I was in for much worse of day, when on my first game of the first match of the day, my opponent dropped a turn 4 Nicol Bolas, and then a turn 7 Vaevictis Asmadi, the Dire.  I just scooped right there.  I did win the next two games though.
The games were challenging and I had a good time.  The prize for first and second were 5 packs.  Not too bad. 

My PreRelease foil was a Crucible of Worlds, so I did also get that.....  It was a good day!

ladof

• Decks
« Respuesta #2 en: Julio 10, 2018, 04:35:45 am »
I only went to Midnight, played a deck I called Draw, Go - Dragons! because the curve was kinda terrible. Went 4-0, surprisingly, because dragons are really good, particularly when paired with a LOT of removal. Demanding Dragon is really good, btw. Pulled the new liliana from the prize packs, too, so I'm happy, since she was one of two cards I really wanted from the set.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

CardAgain Sweater

• Decks
« Respuesta #3 en: Julio 10, 2018, 09:52:26 pm »
I had a blast; did Friday midnight, then Saturday and Sunday noon events. 3-0-1, 3-0-1, and 1-2 with an early drop to enjoy the sunshine. $60, 12+ hours of entertainment, and - when you add the prerelease and prize packs together - I got 27 Core 2019 booster packs plus 3 promo rare/mythics. That's value.

Putting blanchwood armor on a rustwing falcon or a daybreak chaplain in a WG deck is hilarious.

I stole and sacrificed soooo many elder dragons.

I hate Switcharoo and Sleep. I have a bad feeling I'll be seeing those cards a lot.

EDIT: How could I forget to mention the absolute all star of every deck it was in: Skymarch Bloodletter. Especially when you have multiple copies. As a flying 2/2 that comes down turn 3, it is usually getting in for damage before opponent gets their flyers up in the air to block. If they do put up something, 2 bloodletters profitably double block many of the flying threats you may face. The lifegain/drain when it etb is gravy.

In one game, the opponent removed the first skymarch bloodletter after it hit for 3 total, and then a turn later again removed the second bloodletter I played, after it had gotten 3 damage in. Then next turn I played a third and a fourth - in the same turn. We just laughed and laughed.

I put up all the decks I built for the three prereleases I attended, if anyone wanted the details.
« Última modificación: Julio 10, 2018, 11:02:12 pm por CardAgain Sweater »
http://deck.tk/1PJd2YnD - Krokodil; my favorite Standard deck which focuses on -1/-1 counter synergy; currently illegal due to ban on attune. I'm brewing a post ban version...

Standard decks I'm trying:
http://deck.tk/4ixH1ndX - Mono G Monument
http://deck.tk/94QF5WSF - Booty Sac

MonteTribal

• Decks
« Respuesta #4 en: Julio 11, 2018, 04:37:53 pm »
I did alright. My pool was mild, riding off the back of 3 playable mythics and 1 rare. Bolas, 2 Tezz, and a WindReader Sphynx. Played Grixis, with a Manalith and Submerged Boneyard. Still 'lost' match 1 to GW Horses. But the rest were pretty good games that I did well in, ultimately going 3-1. I could have called the game 1 loss as a draw, but the guy across from me had a good deck that would have won with 1 more turn, and i had just stalled for ages making Thopters, so I conceded at the end of turns. I did believe that he could do well against the field, and he was in the top 2 seats for the final game. So I guess it wasn't a concession for nothing. Not sure how he did though, as he left before I could ask.

Firegriff

• Decks
« Respuesta #5 en: Julio 12, 2018, 05:00:34 am »

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Respuesta #6 en: Julio 12, 2018, 04:48:41 pm »
I did alright. My pool was mild, riding off the back of 3 playable mythics and 1 rare. Bolas, 2 Tezz, and a WindReader Sphynx. Played Grixis, with a Manalith and Submerged Boneyard. Still 'lost' match 1 to GW Horses. But the rest were pretty good games that I did well in, ultimately going 3-1. I could have called the game 1 loss as a draw, but the guy across from me had a good deck that would have won with 1 more turn, and i had just stalled for ages making Thopters, so I conceded at the end of turns. I did believe that he could do well against the field, and he was in the top 2 seats for the final game. So I guess it wasn't a concession for nothing. Not sure how he did though, as he left before I could ask.

Mild?  ??? 2 Tezzeret and 1 Bolas in a single pool is a jackpot!  ;) Well, you certainly made your money back.  ;D

Soren841

• Decks
« Respuesta #7 en: Julio 12, 2018, 06:50:42 pm »
My pool was garbage with the most playable rare being Leonin Warleader. Went 1-3
Nils is the God I worship