deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Teriyaki modern dinosaurs  (Read 721 times)

Siseo

• Decks
[Modern] Teriyaki modern dinosaurs
« on: July 15, 2018, 11:15:55 am »
Dinosaurios are the best. That's all.

Teriyaki modern dinosaurs

Ramp with utopia sprawl, arbor elf, and free the dino-power.

Plagueis0

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Teriyaki modern dinosaurs
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 02:15:50 am »
Hey I really like this deck, I like how short the list is with all the 4 ofs, seems like it would be consistent.

How has playtesting been? Any changes you'd make?
Any thoughts to trading a few mountains for forests due to the ramp being dependant on green mana?
Any thoughts to adding Commune with Dinosaurs?

Siseo

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 03:33:42 pm »
First, thanks for your comment : )

How has playtesting been?
- Fast, strong and very fun.

Any changes you'd make?
- A lot, i think it depends about your personality, form of play and your rival´s deck. We play very "casual", but in a competitive session in my sideboard there is four "Naturalize" in the place of the "Brontodon". Another instant can replace the "Abrade". The configuration that you see is my version if we don´t use the sideboard.

Any thoughts to trading a few mountains for forests due to the ramp being dependant on green mana?
- This is the best about the use of this deck, i never had problems with the mana. Arbor Elf and Utopia sprawl are awesome

Any thoughts to adding Commune with Dinosaurs?
- I belive that it is a very usefull card... but not in my deck. The ramp and the mana y solve with the Elf and the Utopia sprawl, and when i have not a dinosaur i have red control. For me is about balance.

Plagueis0

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 09:22:36 pm »
Thanks for the response!
Good to know that Commune with Dinosaurs is just over extending and not really necessary.
I had also been thinking abrade could be swapped out for something else, although it's good to use to trigger ripjaw raptor's card draw?

Siseo

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2018, 10:20:21 am »
Sorry for the later.

As you can see, the first for me is the theme (i absolute love dinosaurs), and the balance. Abrade is not really cheap, but is usefull. Replace Abrade for Reckless rage is a good option to trigger ripjaw raptor and friynd another creature.

For another type of control there are another best options like beast within, song of the dryads... etc

When i can, i will make a green white version of this deck.