deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Insanely Budget Modern Mono Black Combo Deck  (Read 361 times)

lolnewcards

• Decks
[Modern] Insanely Budget Modern Mono Black Combo Deck
« on: July 15, 2018, 07:05:16 pm »
Insanely Budget Modern Mono Black Combo Deck

Kill the opponent as fast as possible (optimally by turn 4) with the help of Torgaar, Famine Incarnate and a slew of draining effects on cheap creatures. Either win with Rite of Consumption, or by using Isareth to recur enough creatures to kill your opponent with drain effects. Best part? Whole deck is like, 40 bucks.

MTGplayer27

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Insanely Budget Modern Mono Black Combo Deck
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 01:20:20 am »
Looks pretty fun. I should try it out myself.

lolnewcards

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 05:22:47 am »
thx. let me know if there's any changes you can make. i found the majority of the time i was killing my opponent by turn 4, which goes faster than most combo decks ive seen.

Skellum

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 12:07:14 pm »
Is it worth trying to lower the curve and increase the chances to draw into combo? Something like:
20 swamps
--
4 Bile Urchin
4 Death Cultist
4 Maggot Carrier
4 Smolder Initiate
4 Thrull Parasite
4 Mortician Beetle
--
4 Blood Artist
4 Rite of Consumption
--
4 Torgaar Famine Incarnate
4 Demon of Death's Gate

I think (if I am counting correctly) this gives us quite a decent probability going: T1 land, creature. T2 land, creature, creature, sac three greatures, play Torgaar or Demon. T3 Attack, Rite of Consumption.

And actually maybe it's even worth dropping Blood Artist altogether in favor of adding 2 Essence Harvests + 2 Isareth the Awakeners or 2 Swamps.
Or just -4 Blood Artist  +4 Bone Picker
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 12:17:36 pm by Skellum »