deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Hadana's Hungry Hydra Please take a look  (Read 526 times)

bigdogdch

• Decks
[Standard] Hadana's Hungry Hydra Please take a look
« on: July 20, 2018, 09:43:19 pm »
Hadana's Hungry Hydra

Advice, comments, suggestions and likes are always welcome

Thanks

bigdogdch

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Hadana's Hungry Hydra Please take a look
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 09:47:59 pm »
I basically need help w/ the sideboard
Idea is to get out creatures and get 3 counters on them quickly for Hadana's Climb.
Or get Marwyn, the Nurturer or Rishkar, Peema Renegade our with enough creatures/counters to release Grunn, the Lonely King and start pounding away

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 01:40:24 am »
Marwyn, the Nurturer needs more elves to be effective.  Llanowar Elves or Elfhame Druid would do better for ramping into Gruun.

As to Sideboard Cards, Prodigious Growth and Plummet come to mind.

SereneTsunami

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 01:42:41 am »
I think Marwyn is the odd man out, not enuff other elves. I like all the other counter strats. Bandar+ 1 turn of Climb is enuff to flip. then you sac Bandar next turn, it works. I have done it. With todays meta I think you need to consider Naturalize in SB, and Spyglass. Vine mare is also a great Climb target.

bigdogdch

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 03:27:00 pm »
OK, tokk your advice and made some changes
Took out 1 Marwyn & 1 Skyrider Patrol for 2 Llanowar Elves
Also added 2 Naturalize and 2 Vine Mare to the SB

Thanks and keep it going

bigdogdch

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2018, 06:09:00 pm »
What about the idea of substituting 2 Carnage Tyrant for Grunn

I also substituted Pounce for Rabid Bite
Instant vs sorcery
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 10:55:53 pm by bigdogdch »

CardAgain Sweater

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2018, 10:32:54 am »
This looks like a lot of fun. I like pounce as a better choice, but maybe 4 is too much? You have a solid core plan with hadana's climb and the counters.

Have you considered swapping out Marwyn, the nurturer x2 and 1 pounce for 3x Song of Freyalise?  Marwyn is great if you can spit out a lot of elves, but song of Freyalise should be more consistent to ramp, plus nice payoff if you need to start with smaller creatures - really big late game.

SereneTsunami killed me today with carnage tyrants and something like your build. They are good, I can attest. The tyrants are especially good when your opponent has already used most of their removal on other threats. Playing this on curve, no mana cheating even - that's bad enough.
http://deck.tk/1PJd2YnD - Krokodil; my favorite Standard deck which focuses on -1/-1 counter synergy; currently illegal due to ban on attune. I'm brewing a post ban version...

Standard decks I'm trying:
http://deck.tk/4ixH1ndX - Mono G Monument
http://deck.tk/94QF5WSF - Booty Sac

SereneTsunami

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2018, 05:12:45 pm »
I played my version of this idea last night and it was a blast. I need more practice assempling the combo. It's easy to work a same turn flip of climb most games. I'm considering going to all hexproof creatures and adding Titanic Growth as part of the combo. That makes Vine Mare 18/18 flyer for 5 mana. Tyrant is a one hit kill. I like your ramp strat, I may add more Druid of the Cowl, as it stops alot of early aggro as a bonus.

Nils

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2018, 08:17:38 pm »
Your deck was selected as our deckstats.net deck of the week this week. Congratulations!

bigdogdch

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2018, 09:23:00 pm »
Your deck was selected as our deckstats.net deck of the week this week. Congratulations!

YAHOO!!!!
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I like to thank academy, my agent, the voters blah blah blah...
You like me. You really really like me
 ;D

bigdogdch

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2018, 10:24:23 pm »
This looks like a lot of fun. I like pounce as a better choice, but maybe 4 is too much? You have a solid core plan with hadana's climb and the counters.

Have you considered swapping out Marwyn, the nurturer x2 and 1 pounce for 3x Song of Freyalise?  Marwyn is great if you can spit out a lot of elves, but song of Freyalise should be more consistent to ramp, plus nice payoff if you need to start with smaller creatures - really big late game.

SereneTsunami killed me today with carnage tyrants and something like your build. They are good, I can attest. The tyrants are especially good when your opponent has already used most of their removal on other threats. Playing this on curve, no mana cheating even - that's bad enough.

The thing about having Marwyn, the nurturer over Song of Freyalise is that so far I have found it easy to get at least 1 counter on her giving me 2 mana. If I use the So g I need 2 creatures to get 2 mana instead of 1, giving me another attacker/defender
I do understand your point of the Song’s third chapter
Also toyed with the idea of adding to the SB Fairground Trumpeter, Armorcraft Judge, & Ridgescale Tusker

bigdogdch

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2018, 03:11:09 pm »
One of the things I have noticed in play testing this deck is that not only do the "little guys" help in mana ramp but they also can help to pump up each other so you still have a chance of winning even if you don't get out one of the big guns of Hadana'a Climb

Thoughts?
Thanks