deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Card name update: Æ -> Ae  (Read 1139 times)

Nils

• Decks
Card name update: Æ -> Ae
« on: May 19, 2018, 06:58:10 pm »
As you probably heard, Wizards updated their card names a while back to replace the Æ ligature (as in Æther Vial) with Ae (as in Aether Vial).

So far I had put off updating this in our local card database because of the effort involved. So when you built decks here, you would have still been using the Æ spelling, and the Ae spelling would have gotten auto-corrected to the old Æ spelling. However, I think it's now about time to fix this.

Since this requires a few changes on the back-end I don't want to do this all at once. If something goes wrong it will be complicated to fix. Thus, I have only updated one card so far: Æther Vial

So as of today, your old decks using Æther Vial will still display the card name the old way, but if you click on the card name you should see the new spelling.

When you build a new deck with Æther Vial, the card name will get corrected to the new Aether Vial spelling. Everything else (including price data, collection overlap, etc) should continue to work as before.

It would be great if you could keep a bit of an eye out over the next few days to see if there are any problems with this! If I don't hear any bug reports over the next few days I will go ahead and roll this out for all cards with Æ in their name.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 07:06:03 pm by Nils »

Nils

• Decks
Re: Card name update: Æ -> Ae
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 09:39:51 pm »
All card names have now been updated to use "Ae" instead of "Æ". Please let me know if you notice any problems.

Old decks and collections will still show the old spelling. However, once you edit and save your deck/collection the spelling will be updated.