deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Exploring Immortality  (Read 329 times)

Sol-Bara11

• The Shifting Wastes are alive.
  • Decks
[Standard] Exploring Immortality
« on: July 29, 2018, 09:26:49 am »
Exploring Immortality

The deck is pretty straightforward.  Ramp with Explore creatures to get more lands, then filter through the deck for Lich's Mastery/Approach of the second SunLich's Mastery is the preferred card to play first, because it will allow you to survive until you can cast Approach, then draw it after it resolves the first time because of Mastery's third line of text.  Enjoy!

PS: Made a similar version of this called Abzan Approach and pasted it onto Untap.in.  I went up against a player who went Mono-Red and we had one full match, where they won through damage (I wasn't able to pull the Mastery to Approach combo).  In the second match, I got Lich's Mastery out and played Approach the first time, and they became salty because their deck was almost ineffective with Mastery active.  They ended up quitting the match, so if you plan on making a deck using Lich's Mastery and Approach of the Second Sun, do so at your own risk.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 09:29:53 am by Sol-Bara11 »

Sol-Bara11

• The Shifting Wastes are alive.
  • Decks
Re: [Standard] Exploring Immortality
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 09:28:40 am »

Revision 2

Added/removed cards:
+2 Spike-Tailed Ceratops

Changed amounts:
-2 Shining Aerosaur

ddevil_7

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 07:47:58 am »
Thats a lot of land. I would add cycling deserts to help you get to Approach of the Second Sun after you've cast it once and want to mill to it.  Lifelink or healing to take advantage of Lich's Mastery.

ddevil_7

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 07:53:51 am »
Stitcher's Supplier helps both mill back to Approach of the Second Sun and add cards to gaveyard for Lich's Mastery.