deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Aggiorna Sessione button and then try again.

Autore Topic: Arixmethes edh crowd source  (Letto 521 volte)

vesstan

• Decks
Arixmethes edh crowd source
« il: Agosto 10, 2018, 06:53:08 pm »
please help me find budget cards for the new kraken commander from c18, keep card price under 5$ usd

RogueIxian

• Decks
Re: Arixmethes edh crowd source
« Risposta #1 il: Agosto 10, 2018, 07:15:49 pm »
I love using Krakens and spells like Whelming Wave and Slinn Voda that return everything to your hand.  You can combine this with cheap ETB creatures in your deck so you can cast them repeatedly.  :)   Very fun!!

Here's some good ones in that vein, and a few others.  Marjhan is just silly, destroying/weakening attacking creatures once you have enough mana out.

Arixmethes, Slumbering Isle
Kiora, the Crashing Wave
Kraken Hatchling
Kraken's Eye
Marjhan
Quest for Ula's Temple
Scourge of Fleets
Slinn Voda, the Rising Deep
River's Rebuke
Whelming Wave

TheWakaEmu117

• #BringBackStorm
  • Decks
« Risposta #2 il: Agosto 10, 2018, 08:02:56 pm »
I build a first draft list for this guy the other day I don't think all of the cards are under $5 but here is my list this is the first draft and it needs alot of work still so yeah

https://deckstats.net/decks/61302/1058124-leviathans/en

This deck is going to be really hungry for blue mana so the ramp my friend and I were thinking of going towards was land enchantments like fertile ground and utopia sprawl with a lot of untap target land effects. also this deck really benefits from island walk so cards like spreading seas are definitely worth it.
I can't even read

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Risposta #3 il: Agosto 10, 2018, 11:55:38 pm »
The US total of your deck is about 112 bucks Waka. I think 3 cards were more than like 4 bucks.
This space for rent.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Risposta #4 il: Agosto 11, 2018, 10:50:43 am »
How do you want to build this deck? Before we can suggest cards we need to know what playstyle you're aiming for.

Except staples. We can list off a bunch of staple cards no problem.
Simic Signet, Kiora's Follower, and Coiling Oracle are obvious additions. Ramp cards like Llanowar Elves, Elvish Mystic, Kodama's Reach, and Cultivate should come next. Blue will also give you card draw. Brainstorm, Ponder, and Preordain are all simple draw spells, that don't cost that much (correct me if I'm wrong). You can get a good removal package with cards like Beast Within, Reality Shift, Nature's Claim, and Caustic Caterpillar. I've suggested a lot of low-cost cards because they will help remove the counters from your commander.

Now I just need to know where you want to take this deck. Are you aiming for a mana-ramp deck, where you cast big creatures? A tribal deck that revolves around Whelming Wave? Or (a difficult challenge) an Arixmethes voltron deck?

Soren841

• Decks
« Ultima modifica: Agosto 11, 2018, 05:23:33 pm da Soren841 »
Nils is the God I worship

TheWakaEmu117

• #BringBackStorm
  • Decks
« Risposta #6 il: Agosto 11, 2018, 08:29:53 pm »
As a response to the ramp that Wolff and Soren suggested I steered away from the green mana elves and stuff although birds is probably fine because of how hungry the deck is for blue mana. alot of the big fatty leviathans and stuff are mostly blue mana and I don't know that elves are great in this deck yeah they tap for green and maybe the  deck ends up heavy green to start with then end game blue heavy so some like cryptolith rite to make the elves tap for blue isn't a bad idea. Although while putting my preliminary list together it felt like a mono blue deck splashing green almost. I may be wrong I don't know

Also breeding pool is probably not a bad idea for this deck. and unfortunately I think the only other U/G duel is trop and that's not really an option.
I can't even read

Soren841

• Decks
« Risposta #7 il: Agosto 11, 2018, 08:41:22 pm »
Use the dorks. Even if it's blue hungry always use every available dork unless you run cursed totem. I would suggest Gaea's Cradle but that isn't $5
Nils is the God I worship

TheWakaEmu117

• #BringBackStorm
  • Decks
« Risposta #8 il: Agosto 11, 2018, 08:56:27 pm »
yeah also all the land enchanments that double a lands mana with all the untap effects is always good. Also growing rites of itlamac is a good budget alternative to cradle
I can't even read

vesstan

• Decks
« Risposta #9 il: Agosto 13, 2018, 11:16:25 pm »
thank  you guys for the help, will post a decklist when i get the time

thewendigo

• Decks
« Risposta #10 il: Agosto 13, 2018, 11:19:37 pm »