deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Mono Blue Mill and Thopter  (Read 87 times)

Odanap

• Decks
[Standard] Mono Blue Mill and Thopter
« on: August 12, 2018, 10:24:43 am »
Overall strategy is to pump out Thopters for defense and milling without relying on either mechanic too heavily. Damage output is not too high unless Planeswalker are in place or making use of Switcheroo with a key opponent creature. Key is survival and having Sai, Master Thopterist and Psychic Corrosion out early. Using Tezzeret's Gatebreaker sacrifice ability allows for fatal blows after you have obtained enough creatures and removing/disabling opponent's creatures.

Please note that I am only playing for a couple of weeks and have limited amount of cards. This deck has seen one local competition play with some wins. I am open for suggestions on how to further improve this. Couple of things I have noticed during play testing and tournament:

• It feels I have too much mana not enough abilities to play.
  • Damage is really low - I end up sitting back and hoping to get a couple of hits while waiting for my planeswalker and making use of switcheroo.
  • Wall of Mistis a great defender but it would be great if there was something similiar with flying.
  • "Putting back into hand" mechanic is a problem with a lot of creatures as you do not want them to recast it e.g. Pelakka Wurm.
  • Overall play is really slow.

https://deckstats.net/decks/113253/1060657-mono-blue-mill-and-thopter