deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Solemn Unlife combo thangy PLS HELP  (Read 217 times)

NolanMiller

• Decks
Solemn Unlife combo thangy PLS HELP
« on: August 14, 2018, 02:42:50 am »
https://deckstats.net/decks/86489/1062027-solemn-unlife-combo-help-wante

ANY help would be appreciated. The deck is kinda splitting into alt wincon and into combo at the same time, which is bad. ANY suggestions would be appreciated. If you have a question, just aks or check its description
Phyrexia shall return, mark my words...

Firegriff

• Decks
Re: Solemn Unlife combo thangy PLS HELP
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 06:30:02 am »
Out of curiousity, why Esper and not just Azorius?  Thing in the Ice is great with SolemnityGlen Elendra ArchmageTwilight Shepherd. Etched Monstrosity.  Any creature with Undying or Persist is great with Solemnity.  However, using those with a sac outlet, such as Blasting Station or Carnage Altar, Drowned Rusalka, Martyred Rusalka, Silumgar Sorcerer, or Spawning Pit, you can easily win the game. After all, Phyrexian Unlife and Solemnity stop you from dying, making your primary fear Mill out.

NolanMiller

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 02:47:16 pm »
Out of curiousity, why Esper and not just Azorius?  Thing in the Ice is great with SolemnityGlen Elendra ArchmageTwilight Shepherd. Etched Monstrosity.  Any creature with Undying or Persist is great with Solemnity.  However, using those with a sac outlet, such as Blasting Station or Carnage Altar, Drowned Rusalka, Martyred Rusalka, Silumgar Sorcerer, or Spawning Pit, you can easily win the game. After all, Phyrexian Unlife and Solemnity stop you from dying, making your primary fear Mill out.
Good question. That's what I thought at first, but with black I get access to hand disruption and Geralf's Messenger, as well as Viscera Seer. Instead of a quick combo, I guess I could retool it to be more of an Azorius lockdown deck. With black, though, I could add Zur the Enchanter.

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 04:50:19 am »
Selhoff Occultist, Blood Artist and Zulaport Cutthroat are good finishers with infinite sacs.  Unruly Mob.  Maybe Mikaeus, the Unhallowed, but that would be mana intense for Modern, especially with three colors.

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2018, 05:17:45 am »
So with Orzhoz, with the basic idea, I come up with this, if it helps with ideas.  The main need here is a sac outlet, like Viscera Seer.
https://deckstats.net/decks/75927/1062875-solemn-phyrexian-nightmare
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 05:19:18 am by Firegriff »

NolanMiller

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2018, 02:57:38 pm »
Interesting thought. I honestly hadn’t thought of going Orzhov. Blue is in my build for counter spells, hopefully on an isochron stick, which would make a complete shutdown with Rule of Law. But that’s just in case if I go for an all in lockdown till I get a game finisher. If I’m going all in combo, Orzhov would do just fine with maybe some aggressive mulliganing, which I hadn’t thought of.