deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] UG Merfolk counter combo deck  (Read 186 times)

Farel

• Decks
[Standard] UG Merfolk counter combo deck
« on: August 15, 2018, 12:24:38 pm »
Merfolk return

Hello, I'm new to this place. I recently got back into the game after years of break, and just randomly found a UG deck on sale, which I bought. It is exactly my playstyle, but I was told to tweak it right away. The seller was honest about it possibly needing some improvements:

-adding cards like Kumena, Tyrant of Orazca, some fast-lands
-someone told me I should replace Unquenchable Thirst with something else
-and I question Hashep Oasis being at all in my deck, as I never got to use it

As said, I had many years of break from the game, and would like to get some advise as to what I could do with this deck.

Thank you!

MonteTribal

• Decks
Re: [Standard] UG Merfolk counter combo deck
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 07:51:30 pm »
Looks solid. Agree on your additions, Kumena is a great engine. I also recommend River Sneak, it is a total beating if left fir a few turns.

I really was unimpressed with Branchwalker when I played the standard folk. Felt bad (to me) to cast it.

Oasis is not always used, but it can win you games out of nowhere. Especially when you've got some unblockable dudes on board.

Farel

• Decks
Re: [Standard] UG Merfolk counter combo deck
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 09:33:27 am »
I see, interesting point there.

Actually, I do have to ask: Are there any removal cards worth recommending for this sort of deck, for the sideboard I mean?