deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Pauper] Nightscape Flicker  (Read 373 times)

calebbw

• Decks
[Pauper] Nightscape Flicker
« on: August 21, 2018, 06:31:47 am »

Arex11

• Decks
Re: [Pauper] Nightscape Flicker
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 08:21:08 am »
Hey, I'm building a Dimir Control deck too (standard Gurmag win con), but im just curious what this deck does to win? So the familiar makes blue spells cost less, and then you control the game to bring out the Horrors and bounce them to clear the opponents board then hand and eventually swing in? Seems interesting :)

calebbw

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 04:27:39 pm »
Hey, I'm building a Dimir Control deck too (standard Gurmag win con), but im just curious what this deck does to win? So the familiar makes blue spells cost less, and then you control the game to bring out the Horrors and bounce them to clear the opponents board then hand and eventually swing in? Seems interesting :)

The goal is to make the games go long until you can set up the combo with Ghostly Flicker and Mnemonic Wall. Nigntscape familiar lets the combo be infinite but it’s not always necessary. For decks that don’t have flyers, Mulldrifter can finish the game. But mostly you’re looking to flicker Dinrova Horror as many times as possible. Ideally, you want 1 Nightscape
Familiar, 2 Mnemonic Walls, 1 Ghostly Flicker, 1 Snap, and 2 Dimir Aqueducts to be truly infinite. Infinite mana, infinite bounce, infinite cards if you have Mulldrifter or Sea Gate Oracle.

burn your face

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 09:32:36 pm »
I think a win strategy like this goes really well in a tron shell, but not so well in this one. I'n tron, you can make a bunch of mana super quick, so you don't really need the peaces that make it infinite. In a UB control shell, cards like snap, and nightscape don't really do anything else here.  If you cut all of the combo pieces, and just kept mulldrifter, and maybe sea gate oracle, and added some anglers, than you could fill all of those other slots with answers, and card draw. This way, your deck would have a wider array of answers, and ways to dig for them. Thereby making your deck better at being a control deck.

Good luck

calebbw

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 10:18:16 pm »
I think a win strategy like this goes really well in a tron shell, but not so well in this one. I'n tron, you can make a bunch of mana super quick, so you don't really need the peaces that make it infinite. In a UB control shell, cards like snap, and nightscape don't really do anything else here.  If you cut all of the combo pieces, and just kept mulldrifter, and maybe sea gate oracle, and added some anglers, than you could fill all of those other slots with answers, and card draw. This way, your deck would have a wider array of answers, and ways to dig for them. Thereby making your deck better at being a control deck.

Good luck

I think the novelty of what I have here is that it’s a combo deck embedded in a control shell. It could work better in Tron, and cutting the combo, and playing a straight u/b control deck would probably be a better functioning deck overall. However, that’s a fundamentally different deck, and it wasn’t what I was going for. And to be fair, I’ve found Snap and Nightscape Familiar extremely useful even in the grindy matches that beg for a control deck. Thanks for the feedback.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 10:20:19 pm by calebbw »

burn your face

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 11:50:36 pm »
That makes sense. If this is what you are going for, than all credit to you.

Dasin5

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2018, 12:58:59 am »
Arcanomancer??

calebbw

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2018, 02:59:23 am »
Arcanomancer??

I could have used Archaeomancer in place of or in addition to Mnemonic Wall. My only problem with Archaeomancer, however, is that it dies to Lightning Bolt, Disfigure, etc.