deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Wish list for C19?  (Read 2248 times)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Wish list for C19?
« on: August 30, 2018, 07:00:07 pm »
Now that we've had a little time to enjoy the new toys we got in C18, what do we want to see in C19?

Here's mine:

* Enemy colored land cycles for ones we only have the allied color lands for (for example, Battlebond multiple player lands)
* Better reprints- Command Zone made an interesting point on one of their latest pod casts, the average value of reprints in the decks has dropped from around $14 in C15 to just over $8 (I think it was, may have been lower) in C18. Not asking for anything crazy like Survival of the Fittest, but something like Cyclonic Rift or Sensei's Divining Top would be realistic.
* Planeswalkers that they won't print in Standard because they don't fit the storylines but would be fine in a Commander product because it's not storyline based product. Something like a Serra planeswalker, which people have wanted for years.

What do you want to see?
This space for rent.

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
Re: Wish list for C19?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2018, 12:50:38 am »
We keep getting a new Magus of the [name]. This is also the closest way to reprint reserve list cards. We got Magus of the Wheel (Wheel of Fortune) in 2015, followed by Magus of the Will (Yawgmoth's Will), Magus of the Mind (Mind's Desire), and recently Magus of the Balance (Balance). We're likely going to get a green magus in C19, but I wouldn't mind seeing the following get prints:

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2018, 01:38:20 am »
LOL 

I just saw that Commander wish list in general is the topic of the new Command Zone that came out today. I'll post their take on it once I've watched it.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 01:40:06 am by WWolfe »
This space for rent.

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2018, 02:37:15 am »
I would like to see themes based around the different planes.  Maybe RG werewolf flip for Innistrad or UB ninja for Kamigawa or BGR Jund from Alara.  Decks to highlight some of the most popular mechanics from the different worlds.

And value reprints, like Tamiyo, the Moon Sage or Seedborn Muse.

And not Commander related, I would like them to bring back the big box sets they used to sell around Christmas time.  I could use another box to keep my collection of cards organized 😜

Itoramod

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 02:46:40 am »
Finishing the Battlebond lands would be great. We also need some commander staple reprints, like Chromatic Lantern and Command Beacon. Reprints of color staples like Shattering Spree, Cyclonic Rift, Oracle of Mul Daya, and other similar cards would also be excellent additions.

One can dream....

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2018, 03:30:07 am »
I would like to see themes based around the different planes.  Maybe RG werewolf flip for Innistrad

As much as I would like to see it, werewolves are very hard to pull off in commander. It's very easy for an opponent to cast two spells in one turn (someone casting a counterspell would do it) and giving up a turn to flip your wolves isn't good either. The commander would have to have some way of transforming the werewolves, and keeping them transformed.

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2018, 04:11:09 am »
Or abilities similar to Huntmaster of the Fells that makes your opponent WISH they would stop going back and forth.  There are Immerwolf, Waxing Moon and Moonmist.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2018, 04:26:43 pm »
Command Zone wish list for the format in general:

* Boros commander to make Aggro a viable format
* Burn commander to make Burn a viable format
* White/Red card draw- maybe based on the Monarch mechanic- kinda ties into the Boros commander
* Spell based ramp in other colors the way it is in Green
* Ways to deal with Cyclonic Rift- not counterspells but ways to punish or work around it
* Werewolf commander to make it a viable tribe in the format

I can't remember anything else off the top of my head, some of these I agree with, some I think would be hard to pull off.

This space for rent.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2018, 04:42:09 pm »
Marchesa already exists 🙄 4 mana in mardu, makes u the monarch. Creates a token if u arent
Nils is the God I worship

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2018, 04:45:51 pm »
Marchesa already exists 🙄 4 mana in mardu, makes u the monarch. Creates a token if u arent

Not to mention there's 6 cards in Boros colors that give the monarch mechanic.
This space for rent.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2019, 11:57:36 pm »
Necro'ing this because of something I saw on another forum and I didn't see a need to start another thread when we already had one.

A lot of people are always asking for fetch lands to be reprinted in commander products, someone on another forum suggested a functional reprint of fetch lands but that were only usable for that purpose if you have your commander in play.

Not sure what I think of this, thoughts?
This space for rent.

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2019, 11:59:50 pm »
I would like to see the rest of the battlebond land cycle, and finish the nimbus maze cycle

Morganator 2.0

• Global Moderator
  • Decks
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2019, 05:25:50 am »
The battlebond lands were almost perfect.

My friends in the cEDH group have discussed functional reprints of the original dual lands (like Tundra), because having access to two sets of fetchable dual lands really changes things (currently, we have shock lands and original duals). Because the OG duals are super expensive, we want a budget reprint. So what we would like to see is lands that:
  • Have land types like the shock lands and OG duals, so they are fetchable
  • Are playable in commander and unplayable in Legacy (in order to not upset that format).
The Battlebond lands were so close, they just needed subtypes. Now we figure that a reprint of the duals, except they are legendary, might be the way to go.

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2019, 05:40:55 am »
Now we figure that a reprint of the duals, except they are legendary, might be the way to go.

I do not know if being Legendary qualifies for WotC as being a "functional" reprint.  ?  (Because the Reserve List not only prohibits actual reprints, but also functional reprints.)

I do know that subtypes (especially creature subtypes) are ignored for the purposes of "functional reprint".  I do not know if supertypes are considered.  I kinda doubt it.
Happy Brewing!
:)

Soren841

• Decks
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2019, 05:41:26 am »
I dont think we need more fetchable ones. Thats too much to ask for and its just not needed. And no it doesnt probably count as a functional reprint but they still wont do it.