deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: How has your play style changed over time?  (Read 385 times)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
How has your play style changed over time?
« on: September 01, 2018, 02:10:31 am »
For instance, I started out straight Aggro (as I'd imagine most new players do), and slowly worked my way towards Control and even went through a short Chaos period. Now I'm a combination of Control & Mid-Range that plays a few combos in every deck.

How have you noticed your play style evolve over time?
This space for rent.

Soren841

• Decks
Re: How has your play style changed over time?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 03:40:11 am »
I used to be bad, hate commander, and play mono green stompy ramp in casual. Now I play cEDH almost exclusively with Yidris Storm and I just finished my Najeela 3DH deck
Nils is the God I worship

TheWakaEmu117

• #BringBackStorm
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 11:23:52 pm »
I started out playiny the elspeth duel deck that was a mono white solider token deck. to playing a mono black kill deck that was just like 4 murder, 4 terror, 4 doom blade, and a couple other kill spells with like overlord of the damned as a win con, then after that it was like blue red spells. Now I think I like playing fun spell based decks or aggro, although I do like playing control it is fun. I find that I like playing a vareity of decks, but I love synergy that is all ways fun. I dunno I went from playing murder and raise the alarm to playing thermo alchemist and counterspell. also monastery mentor that card is busted for sure i love that card.
I can't even read

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 01:47:39 am »
I played combo decks mostly starting out, back during Ice Age and Fallen Empires.  Mostly aggro.  One of my earliest decks:
https://deckstats.net/decks/75927/620800-old-times/en

Now, I play more control and EDH.  I tend to play the longer game, looking for interesting ways to do things others haven't thought about.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 04:14:01 pm »
I started out by playing my first casual deck and that was a Myr deck. Learning how interactions work and just familiarizing myself with how things worked. Later on that friend who taught me and lent me that deck then suggested I pick a color that I think works for me. Naturally I chose red for the agro and I loved the idea of burn to the face. I didn't at the time have the aspect of why use so many creatures when fast/burn was easier.

Now I like green/white.. the idea of either going wide around my opponents creatures with support or just punching through my opponents creatures is where I have fun. I love dropping down the "here you go creature card and have fun dealing with it" I still do use red sometimes but not so much anymore for burn to the face aspect. I love basically action on the board and I do hit, hit, and hit.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

MonteTribal

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 06:49:41 pm »
First game was with my friends really bad Mono Blue deck. I don't even remember what was in it. A year later, I started out with the Soratami's Wisdom intro deck, which I played with my brothers for a little while. Stop playing for a few years, come back near M11. Turned that into a bad mill deck, then into a blue aggro Sleep deck. Branched into Red with goblins. Then GW with Aura Gnarlid decks, which evolved into boggles. I didn't play black for the first few actual years of playing, I didn't like being the big bag evil character in the game. One of my friends did, so we played my various decks against his demon deck. It was a fun, purer time; not worrying about card quality or land counts.

Now, I draft black a lot because of premium removal and good creatures usually. Have a Goblin EDH deck, which I rarely play. Have several modern playable decks, most of Legacy Aluren. And I want to amass a battlebox of casual themed decks because I think playing junk is more fun than tiered modern or EDH.