deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Red Goblins [Post-Rotation]  (Read 375 times)

Cunicoli Goblin

• Decks
[Standard] Red Goblins [Post-Rotation]
« on: September 02, 2018, 01:50:19 pm »
Red Goblins [Post-Rotation]

Goblins for Standard post-rotation (No KLD, No AKH)

DESCRIPTION:
First of all Goblin Standard is NOT a fast-aggro deck. It is more like a midrange deck develops a critical mass and an aggro plan in the late game.
This is because the lack of some appropriate aggro drops at 1 or 2 mana and the abundance of pretty powerful big spells.
My opinion is you cannot build a standard Goblin deck without play the full playset of: Goblin Instigator, Goblin Chainwhirler, Goblin Warchief, Legion Warboss, Volley Veteran and Siege-Gang Commander (24 goblins) just because they're simply too good and have no replacement in the format.
I checked both the fresh Goblin-draft by Jim Davis and Andrea Mengucci and both of two are RW with Radiant Destiny and no Goblin Warchief.
I think this is a mistake! We have got enough good cards that splashing white is unnecessary, and Goblin Warchief is fragile perhaps, but also extremely good and perfect for the deck.
We can cast Goblin Warchief on turn3 and follow with: turn4 Siege-Gang Commander; or maybe 2x Legion Warboss; or Goblin Warchief + 2x Legion Warboss; or Goblin Warchief + Volley Veteran; or Volley Veteran + 2-drop; and much more going forward.
On the other hand we have a bunch of 1-drop Goblin but none of them is exciting and I don't want to play mediocre cards to finish with a mediocre deck.
Lastly we have to see how will be the new format to take the right decisions but, I chose to play not many removal maindeck just because there are a lot of Goblins are also removal by themself.
Goblin Cratermaker, Goblin Chainwhirler, Volley Veteran and Siege-Gang Commander, all can kill some creature and this can be the real ace to be successful with this deck.

UPDATES:
[18-09-02] EDIT: Update with Legion Warboss
[18-09-10] EDIT: Update with Response // Resurgence
[18-09-11] EDIT: Update with Goblin Cratermaker
[18-09-13] EDIT: Update with Lava Coil
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 02:28:55 pm by Luciano Mtg »

Dysme

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Red Goblins [Post-Rotation]
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 06:16:53 am »
Hi there! I understand that you don't play Fanatical Firebrand cuz' this is a MidRange... but isn't Rigging Runner (a potential 2/2 - 1 Mana Drop with First Strike) a good card for this deck? ( I loved it btw...). Greetings.

Cunicoli Goblin

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Red Goblins [Post-Rotation]
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 01:22:43 pm »
Hi! If I should add a 1-drop I would go for Fanatical Firebrand that seems to me the less worse. Rigging Runner is much more a 1/1 with first strike than a 2/2. It works well with Firebrand and other hasted small stuff, but not in this big goblins version. The point is I want a 1-drop to cast it in my first turn, otherwise I don't care too much and I'll prefer biggest spells adapted to my mana curve. Rigging Runner is not good turn1 and this is why I judge it not good enough for this deck.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 07:10:00 pm by Luciano Mtg »