deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Session aktualisieren button and then try again.

Autor Thema: Guilds of Ravnica (Spoilers!)  (Gelesen 683 mal)

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
Guilds of Ravnica (Spoilers!)
« am: September 03, 2018, 03:25:11 Nachmittag »
Before I start with the pictures, Guilds of Ravnica have introduced 4 new mechanics.
This is pretty unique, I assume this is because this 'block' extends over 3 sets all within Ravnica.

Jump-Start - Cast a card from your graveyard, by discarding a card, and paying any additional costs. (The card is then exiled.)

A powerful mechanic, that would work especially well with Madness. (This will have implications for graveyard interaction, and possibly necessitate Sentinel Totem/ Relic of Progenitus)

Surveil - Look at the top card of your library. You may put it into your graveyard.

A self-milling mechanic that would go especially well in Dredge decks, or Delerium decks. (Grim Flayer/ Emrakul, the Promised End)
It seems to be a pseudo-scry mechanic.

Undergrowth - X = the number of creature cards in your graveyard.

Another mechanic that would do well in a Dredge or Zombie deck.

Mentor - Whenever 'this' creature attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on target attacking creature with lesser power.

Another pseudo mechanic that is reminiscent of Battalion (Boros Legion) a creature needs to attack to trigger the ability. This time with counters instead of a temporary boost.

In conclusion - We have a lot of new mechanics, three of which are tailored specifically for you to utilise your graveyard. With Scavenger Grounds gone with the rotation of Amonkhet, we will have to look to sideboard solutions (Silent Gravestone/ Sentinel Totem) or shuffling (The Mending of Dominaria) to deal with any potential combos that may arise, especially in Standard.
Mentor, is an interesting mechanic, as it makes token and aggro decks a threat. But, will Goblin Chainwhirler still be too oppressive for Token decks to function in tournament play?

Here we go! What you've been waiting for! (Not really)

SHOCK LANDS! (Are you excited? You should be!)

I am very impressed with the released cards so far. Wotc seems to have upped the power level of standard, but at the same time made cards for a stagnant modern, going as far as to create reprints of various and somewhat expensive modern staples, hopefully, to make them more accessible to all!

Cards that stand out:
Quasiduplicate (3 mana to duplicate a creature - which makes use of Jump-Start)
Emmara, Soul of the Accord (Possesses synergy with Convoke and tokens for 2 mana)
Legion Warboss (Goblin aggro tribal is being pushed with this card, with its ability to generate tokens and increase their strength)
Conclave Tribunal (4 mana with Convoke to replace Cast Out - Potentially with tokens this could cost as much as, 1 mana!)
Ral, Izzet Viceroy (A new 5 mana planeswalker. While not Chandra, Torch of Defiance, her replacement is not that far beneath her. Loot +1 ability that utilises the graveyard, -3  Deal damage to target creature = the number of instants/sorcery cards in your graveyard. His -8 (5 loyalty init) = anytime you cast an instant or sorcery deal 4 damage to any target and draw two cards = win more.)
« Letzte Änderung: September 03, 2018, 03:39:13 Nachmittag von Mnemosyne »

Firegriff

• Decks
Re: Guilds of Ravnica (Spoilers!)
« Antwort #1 am: September 03, 2018, 09:44:17 Nachmittag »
I notice surveil and Ral's +1 are good ways to cheat Naromoeba into play...

Soren841

• Decks
« Antwort #2 am: September 03, 2018, 09:56:31 Nachmittag »
My thoughts exactly  ;D
Nils is the God I worship

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Antwort #3 am: September 04, 2018, 03:16:46 Vormittag »
Excited for the Shocklands, love the new art on them.

Underrealm Lich is being called by my Sidisi zombie tribal deck.
This space for rent.

Soren841

• Decks
« Antwort #4 am: September 04, 2018, 04:42:39 Vormittag »
That sucker is in my Meren stax deck for sure
Nils is the God I worship

Firegriff

• Decks
« Antwort #5 am: September 13, 2018, 06:58:56 Vormittag »
So Surveil now has a nice kickback in Whispering Snitch.  Every time you surveil, gain 1 life and all opponents lose 1 life.  Combine that with Nightveil Sprite (1/2 flyer for 1B that surveils every time it attacks) and it will stack nicely.

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Antwort #6 am: September 13, 2018, 09:26:53 Nachmittag »
Sorry for the delay in posting spoilers, guys! Been a bit busy, recently. (Playing Fallout 4)
I'll post some of the best later! Stay tuned! 8)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Antwort #7 am: September 19, 2018, 09:04:25 Nachmittag »
Full spoilers are out....who's is looking forward to what?
This space for rent.

ladof

• Decks
« Antwort #8 am: September 19, 2018, 09:55:34 Nachmittag »
Shocklands are going to be so cheap by the time Alliances comes out, it'll be silly. The OG ones will be worth a more than the newer 2 versions, but Gatecrash eras are going to be a pittance, and GRN ones depend wholly on the quality of the card stock since the art is at least new.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.