deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [EDH / Commander] Bant enchantress  (Read 198 times)

minitango

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] Bant enchantress
« on: September 14, 2018, 02:31:17 am »
Bant enchantress

From looking at the deck, you can easily tell that it revolves around enchantments. When playing, I want to pillow fort myself with cards like propaganda while setting up my enchantresses that will give me a major card advantage, especially if I use my cards that create copies of them each of my upkeeps. The more enchantresses I get through this, the more I'll spiral out of control with my card advantage. After I get so far ahead, I should easily be able to pull off combos because the cards in the deck almost all compliment other cards. I can also use the copy cards to copy opponents creatures if I feel like they're better than me copying my enchantresses. This is only my second commander deck that I've made, but after playing my first for like 3-4 games, I knew it didn't turn out how I imagined and made this. This time, I put a lot of time into research on how to make commander decks and what cards would work well with others for this deck. I'd appreciate any comments/advice/suggestions/card suggestions. Thanks
---------Ignore the only forests part, I was just too lazy to make a mana base yet, but just assume that that's done correctly, also the maybeboard are the cards I had an extremely difficult time removing when trimming down to 100, and the sideboard are cards I really want to get to add to this deck-----------------

mbueschken

• Self-proclaimed EDH connaisseur
  • Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Bant enchantress
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2018, 01:28:26 pm »
Hey mate!
Actually, this deck loots pretty solid, you clearly have a way where you want to go with it, the card choices are decent, there is nothging really I would consider dead weight or cards that don't fit the theme.

Now, in regards to deck building the real fun begins: once you start playtesting the deck, you will realise, that there may be cards that simply sit in your hand, or just perform very weak most of the time.
Those will be replaced by others that may do almost the same thing but better, or cards you want to try out to see how they perform.

From my personal experience, here are some cards that I don't really like due to me testing them in one or more decks myself or I believe are missing. Also, no worries about the copying-deck-thing, as I said I mainly build that list (which isn't finished either I believe) as reference standpoint for your first deck, as well as the thought of me wanting to build an enchatress based deck myself. So in the end I copied you, not the other way round   ;D

Missing cards:
Reclamation Sage - a 3 mana Acidic Slime
Open the Vaults - I see that you got some recursion with Sun Titan, but after a board wipe that also rips you off your enchantments, you need something that gets you back into the game.
Replenish - A better version of Open the Vaults, but vastly more expensive.
Faith's Reward - Instant speed recursion. Godly after a boardwipe.
Eternal Witness - my favourite green card. Gets back anything from your grave

Cards I don't like:
Play of the game - hurts yourself way too much. Play Austere Command instead.

That's mostly it. As I said, it looks really, really solid, and a pain to play against. So you did everything right  ;)
"I come looking for demons and I find a plane full of angels. I hate angels."
Liliana Vess