deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Counter that, Burn This, Mizzet's Band of Wizards  (Read 180 times)

Ccoope

• Decks

Ccoope

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Counter that, Burn This, Mizzet's Band of Wizards
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 10:26:22 am »

Revision 2

Added/removed cards:
-3 Sonic Assault
-3 Unsummon
+2 Banefire
+3 Doublecast
+3 Thud
-2 (SB) Essence Scatter
+3 (SB) Enigma Drake

Changed amounts:
-3 (Main) +3 (SB) Ionize
-2 Island
+2 Mountain
+1 Shock
-1 (SB) Goblin Electromancer

mewbusi

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Counter that, Burn This, Mizzet's Band of Wizards
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 07:15:05 pm »
I would suggest considering Murmuring Mystic along with upping the amount of electromancers to 3 instead of just 2. Also Naban in your current deck really does not do anything except doubling Viashino Pyromancer's ability and Naru Meha's who is on the sideboard. You could add exclusion mages to your deck or perhaps some omenspeakers if you wanted him to be useful.

Wizard lightning and Wizard's retort should be mainboarded. While you should aim to have an electromancer on the board as often as you can these spells will cast less with any wizard on the board. Thud also feels like a rather weird addition to the deck as your only good option in the deck is Niv-Mizzet and I would assume that you don't want to fling him. All you other creatures are of low power and it is unlikely that adeliz will provide enough buffing to provide enough power for the thud.

The main question I should ask for you is this. What are you aiming to do with your deck. Are you trying to run wizard tribal? Are you wanting to have a midrange deck that plays sweet spells with wizard flavoring? Or are you just wanting to abuse firemind's research?