deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] Sultai Midrange (assassin's Trophy) Theory crafting  (Read 170 times)

Ominus12

• Decks
[Modern] Sultai Midrange (assassin's Trophy) Theory crafting
« on: September 17, 2018, 05:11:32 pm »
Sultai Midrange (assassin's Trophy) Theory crafting

Be a good G/B/U Rock deck that will fight on a more value axis then jund and abzan while effectively fighting big mana decks.

I have now played this vs tron, jund, Lantern, Scapeshift, and burn, and elves the matchups all seen fine.

i would say the jund match up is 60-40 in your favor

Tron 50-50 per board, 65-35 post board

scapeshift- they cant win or at least that is how the matchups felt

lantern- while on paper this matchup looks good that is not how it turned out at all and i would say that lantern is favored but not by unwinnable margins maybe 40-60 lantern wins most matches.

Elves either you can remove all their important lords or find a board wipe and you win or they have the nuts and you lose i would say 60-40 your favor either push or hand disruption on turn one and you should be fine.

I played about 10  games against all the above decks and have notes if you want a more detailed explanation on how the games went just let me know and i will type them out in a post would like to know everyone's opinions on this deck since i need something else to play other then lantern control TY!!!!

Ominus12

• Decks
Re: [Modern] Sultai Midrange (assassin's Trophy) Theory crafting
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 08:07:55 am »

You don't need the last hopes to beat jund and the maelstrom pulses should give you coverage against tokens. Also against eldrazi tron you just lose to chalice of the void on 2 so there is that.

Revision 5

Added/removed cards:
-1 (Main) -1 (SB) Liliana, the Last Hope
+1 (Main) +1 (SB) Maelstrom Pulse

Changed amounts:
+1 (SB) Fulminator Mage
-1 (SB) Kitchen Finks